Jordan SefcikApplied Physics Major
“My favorite professor is Dr. Toni Sauncy, a physics professor. Being a female in physics is tough, but she has really motivated me to do my best and not settle for anything less. The professors here care about your future and want you to succeed. That’s something you don’t find at big schools.”
Stacy LeeMathematics Major
“Through all of my previous experiences, I believe that the professors show an exuberant amount of interest in student success and they will do almost anything within their power to see us, the students, succeed.”
A Public School With a Private School Feeling
Teaching is more than a classroom experience at Angelo State. With a student-to-faculty ratio of 20:1, faculty are accessible and approachable outside of class to help students feel at home on the ASU campus. Professors serve as mentors and offer an unmatched level of care and dedication to their students.
At ASU, strong academics manifests itself in many ways:
- Undergraduate research gives students the opportunity to work one-on-one with faculty mentors as they explore areas of interest.
- The Center for International Studies offers summer trips as well as semester and academic year study abroad programs at ASU tuition rates. The experience allows students to use the world as their classroom as they broaden their academic perspective and discover other cultures.
- Students use cutting-edge technology in the classroom. For instance, 85 percent of ASU classrooms have multimedia capabilities, wireless Internet access is available across campus, and 24-hour computer labs offer tech support.
Our graduates are prepared to leave their mark on the world because of the knowledge, experience and perspective they gain at ASU.
- ASU has an average 52-percent medical school acceptance rate over the last four decades, compared to a Texas statewide average of 35 percent. ASU’s success is due to the strong guidance and academic support students receive through the pre-health professions program.
- ASU has a 90-percent law school acceptance rate of pre-law students who were also government/political science majors, demonstrating the effectiveness of the university’s pre-law program.
- The university consistently has high pass rates on the Texas Examination of Educator Standards teacher certification tests in more than 20 areas.
- From choosing a major and finding a summer internship to attending career fairs and preparing for interviews, the ASU Career Development Office is available to help students every step of the way. The office helps arrange on-campus interviews, critiques résumés and cover letters, and provides a mountain of resources for job searchers.