Teaching Naked: E-communication and Social Media For Student Engagement
Technology provides many new opportunities to connect with students digitally and advance student learning. Create more class time. Use email as a teaching technique to introduce readings and stimulate reflection. Turn your office hours into learning hours (and do it at home). Provide more feedback. Improve motivation and the diversity of discussion with virtual learning communities. This workshop is focused on student engagement to prepare for class. In this workshop faculty will:
- Investigate why, when and how to use e-Communication
- Develop an e-Communication policy
- Compare the solutions and problems created by Facebook
- Explore new ways to extend the classroom with Skype
- Discover how to create virtual learning communities.