Recycled Art Show
9:00am - 2:00pm CDT April 25, 2013
Houston Harte University Center
Visit the following locations for supplies to create your recycled work of art:
- Texan Hall (Front Desk)
- Centennial Village (Front Desk)
- Plaza Verde (Front Desk)
- Center for Student Involvement (Poster Room)
- Everything on the piece must be recycled. Paint, tape, glue and other binding agents will be permitted.
- Media can range from sculpture to 2D. The dimensions for sculptures can be no bigger than 16 inches wide by 16 inches tall, while 2D works have a size limit of 24 inches by 36 inches. Please make artworks family-appropriate. Only one submission per participant.
- To be considered for the contest, participants must submit a typed description of their work. The description should include: name, classification, major, residence hall (if applicable), title, motivation behind the piece, and materials used. Deadline for submission is Wednesday, April 24 at 7PM. All entries will need to be delivered to the Center for Student Involvement poster room prior to the deadline. The submitted artwork will be on display throughout the University Center on Thursday, April 25th from 9 am-2 pm. Judging will take place a 1:30, and will be followed by an awards ceremony at 2:00 pm. Artwork will need to be picked up from the Angelo State University Center on Thursday, April 25th between 5:30 and 6:30.
Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, use of recycled items, and overall impression. Awards will be given to first, second and third place finishers.