Annual Meeting: Friends of the Porter Henderson Library and West Texas Collection
6:30pm CDT September 23
Houston Harte University Center, CJ Davidson Conference Center, 1910 Rosemont
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE FRIENDS!
The Friends of the Porter Henderson Library and the West Texas Collection support the Library and the West Texas Collection, as well as, the students at ASU. Join us!
With a membership you receive:
ASU library privileges
- Check out 5 books at one time.
- Check out 2 DVDs for 3 days.
- Check out 3 items per month with interlibrary privileges.
Four types of memberships:
- Basic - $30 per individual or $50 per couple: receive the newsletter, announcements of events, the ASU magazine, access to the library facilities and the West Texas collection, and interlibrary privileges.
- Benefactor - $35 per individual or $60 per family: receive the basic package plus you contribute a $5 stipend for students.
- Patron - $100: receive the basic package plus you contribute a $10 stipend for students, and an invitation to special events.
- Sustaining Member - $200: all of the above plus eligibility for the use of the Student Recreation Center at the ASU Center for Human Performance for an additional cost of $120 per individual.
- Support and assist the library and the West Texas Collection with acquisitions and restorations of the archives and collections.
- Support the genealogical library at the West Texas Collection by providing new books to the library and a copier for the visitors to use.
- Support and coordinate the Veterans Vigil held in November with the ASU ROTC. Furnish refreshments for the Veterans Vigil.
- Help acquire items needed for the Porter Henderson Library.
- Furnish refreshments and coffee during finals for the students in the library.
- Give four scholarships a year to deserving students, two per semester.
- Support and give to the endowment.
- Sponsor events and exhibits for the public with the support of the Honors classes.
- Send out a newsletter twice a year to those who are interested in the Friends.
The Friends Board:
- Consists of 12 members, six year terms, with three coming on and three going off each year.
- Meets at 4 p.m. the second Tuesday, every other month from September to May, in the Tucker Room, second floor, Houston Harte University Center, 1910 Rosemont.
- Oversees the yearly business of the Friends.
- Has an annual meeting in September of each year.
- Has a membership drive and a fund raiser to fund the business of the Friends.