ASU PT Lunch and Learn
ASU has applied for 1 CCU credit from the TPTA.
Angelo State University will be holding the spring semester Lunch and Learn presentation Tuesday, April 25th , (12-1:00) in Science Building #3 Room 213 . Please note the location, there will be lab time for performance of special tests & interventions. Angelo State University Alumnus, Sagan Everett, PT, DPT, CCS will be presenting, “You Take My Breath Away” (Lung Disease Applications to Physical Therapy).
At the conclusion of this program, the learner will be able to…
- Identify the relevance of the pulmonary system in physical therapy practice
- Verbalize the anatomy and physiology of the pulmonary system
- Describe the pathophysiology leading to pulmonary dysfunction commonly seen in physical therapy practice
- Review the components of a pulmonary physical therapy examination
- Demonstrate breathing exercises and airway clearance techniques for use in clinical practice
Sagan Everett, PT, DPT, CCS received her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology-Exercise Science in 2010 as well as her Doctor of Physical Therapy in 2013 from Angelo State University in in San Angelo, Texas. She then completed a cardiopulmonary physical therapy residency program at the VA Medical Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan in July of 2014. She became an ABPTS Certified Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Specialist (CCS) in 2015. She is currently working as an acute care physical therapist at Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene, Texas, spending the majority of her time in the critical care unit and performing wound care. She has presented at the Michigan Physical Therapy Association meeting, American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, University of Michigan at Flint Doctor of Physical Therapy Progam and Hardin-Simmons University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. She is a member of the Acute Care Section and Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Section of the American Physical Therapy Association