VA Work Study
Angelo State University VETS Center – Office of Admissions
This position will provide assistance and support to the VETS Center for students who are eligible for Veterans’ Education Benefits. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Greet visitors to the VETS Center as they enter, and track their use of the facilities.
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors in person and on the telephone.
- Participate in and advertise programs and events sponsored by the VETS Center (may require some weekend and/or evening hours).
- Provide information to Veterans and their dependents about the different Veterans’ Education Benefits they may qualify for and steps to obtain them.
- Provide access to Veterans’ Education Benefits by assisting students in completing applications and submitting supporting documentation.
- Correspond with Veterans and their dependents to complete file requirements, verify and update information, provide information, and answer questions.
- Assist students in understanding VA requirements as it pertains to their degree plan.
- Prepare student VA records for submission, perform in-house audits, and help maintain records as needed.
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned.
Must beenrolled 3/4 time or greater and currently receive Veterans’ Education Benefits under Chapter 33, 30, 1606, 32, 35 or 31.
Applicants must be self-motivated, dependable, detail-oriented, and trustworthy. Position requires professional mannerism, proficient computer skills, excellent telephone etiquette, and the ability to communicate and listen effectively. Primary responsibilities include answering phones, scheduling appointments, making copies, scanning documents, filing, assisting prospective students in the completion of applications and online processes, and assisting students in the use of office resources and technology.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications should visit the VETS Center (University Center, Room 113) to obtain an application and schedule an interview. Ms. Hyde can be reached at 325-486-VETS or Kerry.Hyde@angelo.edu if you have questions about the position.