Telecounselor Position – Admissions Office
Angelo State University Office of Admissions
The telecounselor is a part of the admissions team and helps recruit our next freshman and transfer class. Telecounselors reach out to prospective students to foster relationships and share information about: upcoming admissions events, campus tours, missing application materials, new student orientation sessions, and how they love being an ASU RAM! Telecounselors report directly to the Telecounseling Coordinator evening point person.
Ideal candidate is an individual who is self-motivated and is able to work efficiently in a busy environment. It is important this person is not easily distracted and can take the initiative to make quality phone calls while meeting shift quota. Candidates will follow a script but also is a ‘story teller’ of Angelo State University who can articulate on student life experiences.
Bi-lingual students are always needed, but this is not a requirement of the job.
Telecounselors are responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Make outbound calls to recruit prospective students from the point of inquiry to matriculation.
- Each night work toward making 25 or more completed calls or over 100 attempted calls with prospective students and writing thorough notes for the admissions counselors.
- Becoming very familiar with the Banner and/or BRM software to be as efficient and knowledgeable as possible when making calls.
- Follow up with any situations that may require additional information or help from an Admissions professional staff member.
- Seek to consistently expand knowledge of University academic and co-curricular programs to be able to counsel students within their area of interest and provide correct information regarding such areas.
- Complete all other assignments given by the Associate Director of Admissions or her designee.
Benefits of Position
- Assist with recruitment on incoming students to Angelo State University
- Obtain valuable communication skills
- Develop a professional skill set and demeanor
- Build resume
Monday – Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Students must be available to work at least one full shift a week and are welcome to pick up additional full or half shirts as space allows.
For more information and/or to apply for this position, please contact Sarah Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org