Graduate Student Research Assistant Position
Angelo State University Office of Student Services
The Office of Student Services is seeking a Graduate Assistant (GA) to work directly with the Director of Student Services with the implementation of projects and programs related to services for victims/survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking. We are looking for an energetic, people-person with a can-do attitude and an eagerness to learn. The GA will assist with social media, writing and editing, event support, special projects, research and administrative work. The GA will report to the Director of Student Services.
Primary responsibilities, include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Maintain and develop social media content about sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.
- Research and collate a comprehensive list of resources in the San Angelo and Tom Green County area for referrals for those who have experienced sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking.
- Assist in researching material for guides for employers, schools, law enforcement and other institutions in addressing sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking.
- Familiarize yourself with existing literature on sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking.
- Research a variety of marketing and communications opportunities.
- Participate in organization brainstorms and meetings.
- Prepare and disseminate information as needed.
- May be asked to participate various meetings and planning sessions along with the Director of Student Services.
- May be asked to represent the Office of Student Services in certain situations.
- Coordinate meeting and call schedules of the Director of Student Services.
- Administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- A current graduate student at Angelo State University with a strong commitment to providing services for victims/survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, results driven and motivated by project management and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong familiarity with monitoring and developing social media content
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe programs
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Quick-thinker: ability to sort through information and develop next steps
- Excited to work on this project
- Eager to take on challenges with a sense of humor
- Flexibility with work tasks
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Students who are interested in this position should follow the application instructions at the following location: http://www.angelo.edu/dept/grad_school/teaching_research_assistantships.php
Along with the application, please submit a Letter of Interest explaining your interest in this position. Interviews will be scheduled upon receipt of completed applications.
Send all application materials to Audrey Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the Office of Student Affairs if you have any questions.