Graduate Assistant-ELLI Student Activities Coordinator
The ELLI graduate assistant works closely with in the ELLI program coordinator to plan and execute cultural events (on campus, in the community, and out of town) for the English Language Learning students on campus. This individual serves as a liaison between the international students and university offices. Primary tasks include, but are not limited to: event planning and coordinating (especially the ASU Global Connections program), supervision and evaluation of international ELLI interns, and data entry.
Past & current event examples include:
- Conversation Groups
- ASU Global Connections - Monthly Conversation Group Facilitator Meetings
- International Education Week Organization and Participation
- Intramural International Sport Teams
- Cultural Activities & Excursions – San Angelo & Out-of-Town
This position requires strong skills in leadership, interpersonal communication, and cultural competency. It is imperative that this individual can be flexible with frequent change. They must also possess a willingness to understand and work through communication barriers that are concomitant in dealing with internationals.
To be considered for the position, you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (or have earned one by the start of employment) with a minimum GPA of 2.5;
- Currently be enrolled in or accepted to an ASU graduate program that starts not later than January 2018;
- Be able to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information;
- Have a passion for serving our students of ASU.
Schedule Varies - Up to 17.5 hours/week
Dependent upon qualifications
Michael Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Please submit a resume for consideration.