Ms. Laurel L. Scott
|8 a.m.–Noon, 1–5 p.m.||8 a.m.–Noon, 1–5 p.m.||8 a.m.–Noon, 1–5 p.m.||8 a.m.–Noon, 1–5 p.m.||8 a.m.–Noon, 1–5 p.m.|
- College of Arts and Sciences Departments/Programs
- Communication and Mass Media
- English and Modern Languages
- Political Science and Philosophy
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College of Business Departments/Administration
- Aerospace Studies/ROTC
- Accounting, Economics and Finance
- Management and Marketing
- College of Education Departments/Administration
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Teacher Education
- Special Events Facilities/Services
- University Center Program Council
- Media Relations
- ProfNet Assistant
- Media Feature/News Writer
- Feature Writer, ASU Magazine
Laurel Scott spent four years as an education reporter for the San Angelo Standard-Times and the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal before joining the Office of Communications and Marketing in May 2013.
Laurel grew up in urban Texas, including Houston, Dallas, Richardson and San Antonio. Her family settled in Austin and she is a graduate of the University of Texas with a bachelor of journalism.
After stints for newspapers in Missouri and Austin, she worked 18 years in California for the San Diego Union-Tribune in a variety of editing and writing roles. In 2004, she was introduced to San Angelo while visiting family, brother Steve and sister-in-law Gail Scott, ranchers in Concho County, and fell in love with the city by the river.
Laurel also loves learning. She spent five years taking courses at San Diego State University for fun and has attended a wide variety of seminars and workshops. She journals daily, loves reading, animals and travel and is a casual birder, gardener and naturalist.