Dr. Loree Ann Branham
- Ph.D. (2007) Animal Science-Food Safety, Texas Tech University
- M.S. (2004) Animal Science, Angelo State University
- B.S. (2002) Animal Science, Angelo State University
Animal anatomy and physiology, food science, food safety and sanitation.
- ASCI 3449 – Animal Anatomy and Physiology
- FSCI 1329 – Food Science
- FSCI 3344 – Food Safety and Sanitation
- FSCI 4345/5345 – Food Microbiology
- FSCI 6329 – Advanced Food Science
- Pre- and post-harvest food safety issues
- Antimicrobial resistance associated with food-borne pathogens
- Pathogen control of commercially produced meat and wild game
- Extension outreach methods used to educate the public and industry on food quality and safety issues
- Canon, J.A., L.A. Branham, R.P. Cope, B.L. Coty, M.W. Boenig, M.F. Miller and K.W. Braden. 2013. Effects of Various Tenderization Strategies on Non-Fed Beef Palatability and Tenderness. Submitted: Meat Science Ref. No. MEATSCI-D-13-00650. August 2013
- Coty, B., L.A. Branham, M. Schwartz, B. Wallace, M. Boenig and K. Braden. 2013. Development, Functionality, and Consumer Acceptance of a Novel, Ready-To-Eat Lamb Leg Product. Submitted: Meat Science Ref. No. MEATSCI-D-13-00649. August 2013
- Batot, L.M., J.A. Canon, K.L. Foote, M.F. Miller, R.M. Cope, L.A. Branham and K.W. Braden. 2012. Effects of Antioxidant Application and Retail Display on Sensory, Shelf Life and Oxidative Stability of Beef Striploin Steaks. Submitted to Texas Journal of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Menchaca, M.W., Scott, C.B., Braden, K.W., Owens, C.J. and Branham, L.A. 2010. Juniper Consumption Does Not Adversely Affect Meat Quality in Boer-Cross Goats. Accepted for Rangeland Ecology and Management. 64: 669-673.
- Branham, L.A., Platt, T.M., Loneragan, G.H., Engler, M.J., Thomson, D.U., Singer, R.S., and Brashears, M.M. 2007. Antimicrobial Susceptibility Patterns of Generic Escherichia coli Following Administration of Subtherapeutic Antimicrobial Drugs to Feedlot Cattle. (In Preparation).
- Stephens, T.P., Loneragan, G.H., Thompson, T.W., Sridhara, A., Branham, L.A., Pitchiah, S., and Brashears, M.M. 2006. Distribution of Escherichia coli O157 and Salmonella spp. on Hide Surfaces, the Oral Cavity and Feces of Feedlot Cattle (In Preparation).
- Stephens, T.P., Loneragan, G.H., Branham, L.A., and Brashears, M.M. 2006. Enumeration of Escherichia coli O157 in Cattle Feces using Immunomagnetic Separation Combined with Most Probable Number Techniques Vol. 70 No. 5, pg 1072-1075.
- Branham, L.A., Carr, M.A., Callaway, T.R., and Scott, C.B. 2005. Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella in White-tailed Deer and Livestock. Current Issues in Intestinal Microbiology. Vol. 6 pg. 25-29.
- Knutson, H.J., Carr, M.A., Branham, L.A., Scott, C.B., and Callaway, T.R. 2005. Effects of Activated Charcoal on Binding E. coli O157:H7 and Salmonella typhimurium in Sheep. Small Ruminant Research. Vol. 65, Issue 1-2, pg.101-105.
Delta Tau Alpha Advisor
Meat and Food Science Association Advisor