Dr. David A. Carter
- Ph.D., (1996) Analytical Chemistry, University of Arizona
- B.S., (1980) Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, Wayland Baptist University, Summa cum Laude
CHEM 1411, CHEM 1412, CHEM 2421, CHEM 4521, CHEM 3262
Trace environmental analysis and speciation of environmentally important elements
Chemical Education: Factors affecting success in General Chemistry
High accuracy quantum mechanical calculation of intermolecular interaction energies
- Orientation of 1- and 2-Methylimidazole on Silver Electrodes Determined with Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering, Carter, D. A., Pemberton, J. E., Woelfel, K. J., The Journal of Physical Chemistry B; 1998; 102(49), 9870.
- Raman Spectroscopy and Vibrational Assignments of 1- and 2-methylimidazole, Carter, D. A.; Pemberton, J. E., J. Raman Spectrosc., 1997, 28 (12), 939.
- Frequency/Wavelength Calibration of Multipurpose Multichannel Raman Spectrometers Part II: Calibration Fit Considerations and Calibration Standards, Carter, D.A., Thompson, W.R., Taylor, C. E. and Pemberton, J. E., Appl. Spectrosc., 1995, 49, 1561.
- Freqeuency/Wavelength Calibration of Multipurpose Multichannel Raman Spectrometers. Part I: Instrumental Factors Affecting Precision, Carter, D.A. and Pemberton, J. E., Appl. Spectrosc., 1995, 49, 1550.
- Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering of the Acid-Base Forms of Imidazole, Carter, D. A. and Pemberton, J. E., Langmuir, 1992, 8, 1218.
- Raman Spectroscopy Using Charge Coupled Device Detection, Pemberton, J. E., Sobocinski, R. L., Bryant, Mark A., Carter, D. A., Spectroscopy, 1990, 5(2), 26.
- Plants—The Energy-Capturing Machines. Article in “Plants—The Green Machines!” American Chemical Society, Chemists Celebrate Earth Day publication, 2010.
- Companion Website for Chemistry: A Molecular Approach, First Edition, Tro, Pearson Education, Inc., 2008. Companion Website Contributing Authors: Jason Kautz, David Carter, Roy Kennedy Jr.
- Technology enabled skill gateways: Insuring success of General Chemistry students. David A. Carter. The 238th ACS National Meeting, Washington, DC, August 16-20, 2009
- POGIL activities designed to develop data analysis and mathematical skills in General Chemistry lab. David A. Carter and Evelyn M. Sabino. The 238th ACS National Meeting, Washington, DC, August 16-20, 2009.
- Extraction of ivermectin from aqueous solution with fluorescence detection. Adam Graham* and David A. Carter. Texas Academy of Science, Austin, TX, March 3-4, 2011.
- With the Right Toolbox, Dimensional Analysis is Just Fun and Games. David Carter & Christine Purkiss. Supporting Success in College Science: CCRS and Scientific Applications of Mathematics. (symposium), November 3-4, 2011, Grapevine, TX.
- ChemPRIME/ChemPaths: Using an online resource for chemistry teaching. Professor John W. Moore, Justin M. Shorb, Donald Storer, David Carter, Lisa Smith, Jeffrey Schwehm. 244th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, August 19-23, 2012, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Analysis of Metal Ions in the Concho River Using the AA Spectrophotometer. Yesinia Valenzuela and Dr. David Carter, Tri-Beta South Central Regional Convention, Kingston, OK, April 5-7, 2013.
- Interaction Energy Calculations using the G2MP2 Method for the Analysis of the S66 Data Set. Tania Estradaa, Advisor: Dr. David A. Carter, Collaborators: Dr. Angela K. Wilson, Amanda G. Riojas, Ritwick Mynam. Undergraduate Research Symposium, Angelo State University, April 19, 2013.