As our newest residence hall, Plaza Verde offers housing to about 400 residents and has programming and floor layouts designed to meet the needs of first-time students.
Four residential buildings of about 100 students each comprise Plaza Verde. Each building has a first-floor laundry room, elevator and study room. A two-story Commons/Recreation Building has double staircases, the hall’s office, pool tables, a large-screen TV, a meeting and group study space and an elevator.
Plaza Verde was designed as a “green” building. The structures were created with sustainable materials, and its design accounts for energy efficiency as well as rainwater reclamation.
- Micro-fridge units (a combination microwave, refrigerator and freezer)
- Extra-long twin bed
- Chest of Drawers
- Desk chair
Wardrobe: 3 x 2
Window: 5 x 3 (All windows have mini blinds but no curtains.)
Shower: 4 x 3 (Shower curtain rods are provided, however, shower curtains are not.) (Shower curtain size - 6 x 6)
- Wireless Internet access in residence hall lounges and common areas
- Community TV areas and lounge/recreation areas
- In-building laundry facilities with no charge for residents of the building
- Large multipurpose room for major events and activities
- Vending machines
- Air-conditioned buildings and rooms
- Card/PIN building access
- Security cameras in common areas
- Rooms that open to indoor hallways for added security and protection during inclement weather
- 24-hour staffing and on-site, on-call coverage