Welcome to Angelo State University.
We are glad that you have selected ASU as the institution at which you’ll begin—or continue—your career in academe.
As a new member of the ASU community, you will have many questions about the institution and its policies as well as about San Angelo and the Concho Valley. On this page, we have provided links to important ASU information as well as details about the community in which you’ll be residing.
Your introduction to ASU will be provided through a series of events. Please mark the following on your calendar.
New Faculty Orientation: Click on the link for the full agenda.
- August 18 (all tenure-track and full-time faculty new to ASU), 8:30-1:30 in the University Center, room 203. Lunch provided for faculty. RSVP to Elizabeth Randell at email@example.com or at 325-942-2782.
- August 18 (new tenure-track faculty only), 2:00-4:00 in the University Center, room 203. Sessions are specific to tenure-track faculty.
- August 19 (all new tenure-track and full-time faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences), 9:00-12:00 in the University Center, room 203. Lunch on your own.
Human Resources Onboarding: August 19, 1:00 - 3:00, University Center, Room 203. Visit the newly hired employee website for more information.
University Assembly: August 21, 8:30 - 10:30 in the CJ Davidson Ballroom
President’s Annual Back to School Reception: August 21, 6:30 - 9:00 at the ASU Lake House. Invitations will be mailed to faculty.
- College of Arts and Sciences: August 21, 11:00 - 12:00, University Auditorium
- College of Business: No convocation
- College of Education: August 20, 8:00 - 5:00, CARR 124
- College of Health and Human Services: August 22, 10:00 - 1:00, MCS 100
Freshman Convocation: August 22, 5:00 pm at the Junell Center/Stephens Arena. Faculty should report to the Auxiliary Gym no later than 4:30 in full academic regalia.
Classes Begin: August 25
Visit these sites for details related to the Assembly and the Orientation or Campus Map.
For another opportunity to learn about ASU and a chance to meet students be sure to take advantage of Rambunctious Weekend.
Review your biographical sketch or those of other new faculty members.
Links of importance:
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call 325-942-2165.