Welcome pre-nursing students! Please read below for all of the information you need to be prepared for your appointment.
What to Expect
Current Pre-Nursing Majors: Your academic advisor will send an e-mail to you through the Grades First advising software. You will then be able to follow the link provided to choose an appointment time of your choice.
- If you lose the e-mail you were sent containing the appointment link, please log into angelo.gradesfirst.com using your RamPort credentials. You should find an announcement bar at the top of your viewing screen with a link to schedule the appointment.
- If you have scheduled an appointment and will not be able to attend, please notify your advisor right away by calling the Archer College of Health and Human Services at 325-942-2630.
- New Pre-Nursing Majors: If you will be a new pre-nursing major or would like to change your major to pre-nursing, please contact the Archer College of Health and Human Services at 325-942-2630 to schedule an appointment.
- Once your schedule has been approved, your advisor will sign off on your degree plan and release your advising hold.
- If you have no other holds, you will be free to register for classes based on the registration schedule. If you have other holds, you will be directed to the appropriate place to have them removed.
How to Be Prepared
- You are expected to review your advising plan to determine the prerequisite courses you have yet to complete and the courses you intend to take during the upcoming semester:
- You are expected to review the schedule of classes prior to your advising appointment to determine your tentative schedule for the upcoming semester.
- Please notify your advisor at the beginning of your advising session if you have courses that still need to be transferred to ASU, plan to take courses elsewhere in a future term, or are intending to apply to one of the nursing programs for an upcoming application deadline.