Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Degree Requirements
Required Transfer Credits
This degree requires your prior completion of an associate degree at a community college.
A block transfer of up to 60 semester credit hours from your associate degree may be applied to your Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences. Additional hours of academic credit may also be included with this block.
As part of this program, ASU will transfer non-academic (technical) courses for credit. However, should you choose to change your major from the B.A.A.S. degree, your non-academic transfer credits may be revoked.
Other Program Requirements
- Advanced Hours: A minimum of 30 semester credit hours (junior- and senior-level courses)
- Electives: Sufficient lower-level and/or advanced elective hours
- GPA: An overall 2.0 grade point average (“C” average) on all college-level work and a 2.0 GPA (“C” average) for studies at ASU are required for graduation.
- Residence: Overall, a minimum of 25 percent of the credits required for your degree must be taken in residence at ASU. At least 24 semester credit hours must be at the advanced level. Twenty-four of the last 30 semester credit hours earned toward the degree must be in residence. Included are 12 advanced hours in residence in the single discipline academic specialization.
- Total Hours: A minimum of 120 semester credit hours is required.