ASU Angelettes Dance Team
The Angelettes are the official Angelo State University Dance Team. They can be seen at home football and basketball games and at specially sanctioned university events. Members of the Angelettes receive scholarships that increase annually for dancers who are invited to return – based on positive history in the organization and audition results – for the next school year. Any current or incoming female student is welcome to audition.
- Incoming freshmen or transfer students must be accepted to ASU PRIOR to auditioning.
- If you have accumulated college credits, you must have a grade point average of 2.25 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Candidates already attending ASU must be full-time students (12+ semester credit hours), hold a minimum GPA of 2.25, and must be in good standing with the university.
ATTENTION! The ASU Angelettes will hold a SUMMER dance audition for a few remaining spots on the team! This audition will be by video only.
Interested students must submit their tryout routine via DVD. Please carefully consider the angle and quality of the recording. Videos should include:
An original piece of choreography at least 60 seconds in length, but not exceeding two minutes.
- A segment of the candidate executing the following basic dance techniques:
- Double Pirouettes on the right and left sides;
- Grand Jetes on the right and left sides;
- Calypso Leaps leading with the right leg;
- Right Fouette Turns;
- Splits on the right and left sides;
- Optional: ONE advanced technical element
- An interview. Please read the following questions and answer:
- What is your dance background?
- What qualities make you an outstanding candidate for the Angelettes?
- What do you think makes you an exciting performer to watch?
- What measures will you take throughout the semester to ensure you continue to meet the minimum 2.25 GPA requirement?
- What are your dance goals?
Attire for Video Audition
- Black, fitted top, black dance shorts and tights.
- Appropriate footwear to easily execute the required techniques. Dance shoes are not required but are strongly encouraged. No half soles, lyrical sandals, or socks allowed.
- Wear hair pulled back away from face and please wear performance makeup.
- Tattoos should be completely covered.
**Deadline: To receive full consideration, audition packets must be postmarked by June 10th, 2015. Please mail your complete audition packet (DVD, completed Audition Application form, copy of unofficial college transcript (if applicable) and $40 Application Fee) to:
Attn: Angelettes Audition
Mrs. Kasey Heintzelman, Angelettes Coordinator
Angelo State University
Member, Texas Tech University System
ASU Station 10906
San Angelo, Texas 76909-0906