Year at a Glance
FIRST-YEAR - FALL SEMESTER
- First day of Fall classes – August 25
- Start networking with classmates – ASU is a great resource for getting to know people! Attend ASU tailgates!
- Create a RAM Profile link at https://www.myinterfase.com/angelostate/Account/LogOn
- Refer to the academic calendar for important drop, refund and payment dates, as well as university holidays. Found under http://www.angelo.edu/services/registrars_office/academic_calendar.php
- Begin applying for graduate assistantship positions. Watch the MBA website as positions are continually added and deleted as positions are vacated and filled
- Last day to drop a class with a 100% refund – September 3
- Academic Integrity week is September 9 - 12
- Make sure your tuition and fees are paid by the deadline of September 12
- Begin preparing a draft resume
- Schedule a one-on-one appointment with your MBA Director or Advisor. Use this time to discuss strategies to help you learn more about the types of jobs, companies and industries you are interested in. Companies are beginning the search for summer interns, so now is the time to have your resume and cover letter reviewed
- Check Career Development for companies conducting fall on-campus interviews at http://www.angelo.edu/services/career/
- Participate in the Mock Interview Day on September 10
- Attend the Fall Career Fair September 16-17
- Fall applicants - make an appointment with your advisor to discuss Spring courses, as well as filing your Degree Plan (DP)
- Attend company information sessions held on-campus
- Continue arranging internship interviews. More information at http://www.angelo.edu/services/career/internships_parttime_work/internships.php
- Make an appointment with your advisor to discuss appropriate spring courses. Registration for the spring semester begins October 28
- Last day to drop a class – November 15. Prior to dropping a class, please discuss the impact with your advisor
- Take advantage of on-campus interviews. Information can be found on http://www.angelo.edu/services/career/
- Enjoy Thanksgiving Break!
- Final Exams - Best of luck on your final exams! December 7-11
- Fall commencement – December 12
- Use the winter break to further research and narrow your career search. Research companies to which you would like to apply
FIRST-YEAR - SPRING SEMESTER
- Graduate students reception and networking – TBA
- Spring classes begin January 19, 2016
- Last day to drop a class with a 100% refund – January 21
- Meet with a MBA Director or Advisor to determine your internship search strategy and goals, as well as a system to help you keep track of all of the opportunities!
- Update your resume and tailor it to each individual position and company to which you apply. Check Career Development for companies conducting spring on-campus interviews
- Submit resume to MBA Director or Advisor for spring career fair
- Discuss the possibility of summer study abroad opportunities with your advisor
- Participate in the Mock Interview Day - TBA
- Attend the Spring Career Fair at TSU on February 17- 18 and begin arranging internship interviews
- Make sure your tuition and fees are paid by the deadline of February 12.
- Last day to drop a class – February 19
- Spring applicants - make an appointment with your advisor to discuss summer and fall courses, as well as filing your Degree Plan (DP)
- Registration for summer and fall begins March 17
- Participate in the Professional Networking Workshop and Reception on March 24
- Continue arranging internship interviews.
- Consider running for an ASU leadership position.
- Enjoy Spring Break! March 14-19
- Participate in the Virtual Career - TBA
- Prior to dropping a class, please discuss the impact with your advisor
- Continue working to secure and internship and/or graduate assistantship
- Schedule a one-on-one appointment with a MBA Director or Advisor to reassess and discuss any career planning and/or job search concerns
- Participate in the ASU golf tournament and network with alumni and business professionals. Prior golf experience is not required!
- Best of luck on your final exams! May 9 – 13
- Spring commencement May 14
- Spring applicants - continue working to secure and internship and/or graduate assistantship
FIRST-YEAR - SUMMER SEMESTERS
- Begin summer internship
- Summer I classes start June 6
- Summer I final exams – July 7
- Summer II classes start July 11
- Summer II final exams – August 10