CASA Mission and Goals
CASA … Home to Your Academic Success
The mission of CASA is to provide guidance, academic support services and timely intervention to students in the College of Arts and Sciences as they progress toward their academic and professional goals.
Goals with Student Learning Outcomes
CASA will assist students as they define their educational goals.
- Students will select a degree program relevant to their career and personal goals.
- Students will understand the purpose of general education requirements and value them as a basis for life-long learning.
CASA will guide students as they plan their educational goals.
- Students will access and know the requirements for their degree program.
- Students will know where to access and how to interpret university policies and procedures.
- Students will monitor their degree progress.
- Students will develop and register for appropriate semester schedules.
CASA will partner with students as they progress and achieve their educational goals.
- Students will access and use university resources.
- Students will monitor their academic progress.
- Students will understand the consequences of their academic decisions and take responsibility for their education.
Goals with Advising Delivery Outcomes
CASA will provide a welcoming and encouraging environment.
CASA will inform students about university policies and procedures.
CASA will connect students to campus resources that match their needs.
CASA will identify and assist academically at-risk students.
CASA will support college departments’ academic advising including assistance during New Student Orientation.
CASA will support the Office of the Dean.