- The San Angelo Social Health Indexing Project is a series of indices for use by a variety of community stakeholders. The project includes the following indices.
- The San Angelo Social Health Index: This research project uses several indicators to index, measure, and track major social problems challenging the development of the San Angelo community since 2000.
- The West Texas Violence Index This research project uses several indicators to index, measure, and track major measures of violence challenging the San Angelo, Abilene, Midland, and Odessa Texas communities.
- The Children of San Angelo Social Health Index This research index uses several indicators to compare the quality of life for children in San Angelo neighborhoods.
- The San Angelo Neighborhood Development Index: First published in the spring of 2011, compares the city’s census tracts on factors related to neighborhood development.
- The Seniors of San Angelo Social Health Index: Similar to the other indices, the Seniors of San Angelo Social Health Index uses several indicators to compare the quality of life for seniors in the city’s neighborhoods. The Index was first published in the summer of 2011.
- The ASU Women’s Health Index: The index includes community health indicators that measure the state of a woman’s health. This is a joint project between CDI and the Laura Bush Institute for Women’s Health.
- Poverty and Progress Report: This research project uses several indicators to measure and track progress on reducing poverty and its influence on San Angelo’s vulnerable populations.
These projects are on-going and updated annually.