Study Abroad Checklist
This checklist is meant to provide students with a general outline of how to prepare for a summer study abroad experience. Timelines for completing each item will vary for different programs, so make sure to give yourself at least a semester to complete all of these items.
- Attend a study abroad program informational session and/or meet with a director of the program you are interested in. Check the Center for International Studies website for descriptions of all available programs.
- Research program options and contact the ASU Center for International Studies as needed for guidance.
- Choose a program and complete the online ASU Study Abroad Application via RamPort.
- Once your program application has been approved by the program director, confirm your acceptance to the program via RamPort. Print any additional paperwork and submit it on or before any deadlines indicated.
- Consult with your Director(s) about, and confirm International Studies Scholarships and complete scholarship via RamPort.
- Make sure you have a FAFSA application on file with the ASU Financial Aid Office.
- Attend any meetings required by your program as well as the ASU pre-departure orientation meetings to obtain important information and resources for traveling abroad.
- Make deposit payments to the Center for International Studies.
- Prepare for travel by finalizing any travel documents and arrangements (i.e. passport/visa, airfare, insurance), health precautions (i.e. immunizations, prescriptions) and personal matters (i.e., subleasing apartment, changing mailing address).
- Travel abroad! When preparing to return to Angelo State, complete a program evaluation and finalize any academic matters as instructed by your program director.