Introduction to Design, Develop, and Implement Effective Online Instruction
The education required over a lifetime cannot be delivered over conventional means. People must learn more efficiently and at the time and place of their choosing. E-learning can deliver that education – but only if it is designed to do so. For tens of thousands of years, human beings have come together to learn and share knowledge. Until now, we have had to come together at the same time and place. But today, the technologies of the Internet have eliminated that requirement. Soon anybody will be able to learn anything anywhere at any time, thanks to the new development called e-learning (Horton, 2006, pg.1).
Welcome to Angelo State University’s online training course to design, develop, and implement effective online instruction. Online instruction at ASU is delivered through Blackboard, a Learning Management System (LMS). There are several ways to incorporate online instruction within the classroom. An LMS can be used to supplement face to face classroom instruction. An LMS can be used to teach entirely online or in a hybrid course which combines online and face-to-face instruction.
This online training course serves as a guide with insights, advice, and tools to create effective online instruction.
This course will help faculty create a collaborative and meaningful online learning environment providing the student a quality online educational experience.
Online Training Course Learning Outcomes
- ASU faculty will learn how to design, develop, and implement an effective online course.
- ASU faculty will understand important aspects of facilitating, fostering a sense of community, administering, and evaluating online instruction.
- ASU faculty will incorporate online tools and proper application of these tools in online instruction.
- ASU faculty will design high quality instructional materials.
- ASU faculty will create online learning activities appropriate for a specific discipline or content area.