The information on this website is for the students wanting to take courses on the ASU Campus. Student interested in taking dual credit courses on their High School Campus should refer to our Presidential Scholars Dual Credit Program page.
High school students who have completed their sophomore or junior year may be eligible for admission to ASU under the ASU Dual Credit Program. Students approved for admission under this program must be enrolled concurrently at ASU and in high school. Enrollment will be limited to no more than two academic courses, excluding a physical activity course, during a fall or spring semester or summer term. Students are allowed to take on-campus courses only. Online courses are not permitted.
A complete application for the program consists of:
- A completed Dual Credit Application for Admission. Application will be available on March 21st. Please check back for link.
- Official transcript of high school records, including current class rank
- Passing scores on a Texas Success Initiative (TSI) assessment test or proof of exemption
- A completed FERPA waiver
- A completed Dual Credit Agreement Form
- A completed Dual Credit Course Selection Sheet
- A completed ASU Evidence of Vaccination against Bacterial Meningitis form
- Letter of recommendation from a high school counselor
- Official scores on the ACT or SAT
To be eligible for admission to this program, high school students must meet the following requirements:
- Current enrollment in high school courses necessary to complete the curriculum requirements for the Texas Scholars Program, Recommended High School Program, Distinguished Achievement or other college preparatory curriculum
- Present a composite score on the ACT or a combined verbal and math score on the SAT for the high school class ranks shown below:
|High School Class Rank||
|Top 10 percent||No Minimum||No Minimum|
|Next 40 percent||17||820|
|3rd quarter||file review||file review|
|4th quarter||file review||file review|
- Minimum Section Scores:
- English: ACT, 17; SAT, 430
- Mathematics: ACT, 18; SAT, 400
- Applicants attending a non-ranking high school and home school applicants present a composite score on the ACT of 23 or greater or a combined verbal and math score on the SAT of 1070 or greater.
- Students who score less than the minimum section scores on the ACT or SAT can still be admitted to the program, if they have received credit for English 1301 and/or Math 1302. These students will be allowed to enroll in ASU courses for which they have already met the prerequisites.
The priority deadlines for application are:
Fall Semester: June 1
Spring Semester: Dec. 1
- Summer Session: May 10
Submitting Your Application
Please submit application materials to: