Minor in English for Business Majors
Specialization in Technical and Business Writing
Businesspeople are often expected to have a wide range of writing and communication skills. The minor in English with a specialization in technical and business writing is designed to help you acquire and refine the communication skills that you will need to get ahead in the business world.
Business majors who choose a minor in English may specialize in professional writing by selecting these courses which are already required for the business majors:
- English 1301: Composition
- English 1302: Writing Across the Curriculum
- Three hours of 2000-level literature (English 2329 strongly recommended)
- English 3352: Business Communications
- English 3353: Web Publishing
- English 3354: Intercultural and International Technical and Business Writing
- English 4360: Professional Editing
- English 4365: Usability Testing in Technical and Business Writing
For more information, please contact Dr. Nicole St. Germaine.