- EML Honors Societies (Sigma Delta Pi, Alpha Mu Gamma, and Sigma Tau Delta)
- National Council for Teachers of English
- Society of Technical Communication
- The Russian Club
- The French Club
- The German Club
This organization is for students who are interested in teaching English at the elementary, middle, high school or college levels.
For more information, contact faculty sponsor Dr. Julie Gates at Julie.Gates@angelo.edu.
The Society for Technical Communication chapter at ASU is a professional society open to all technical and business writing majors and minors. Come to one of our meetings and hear about some of the events we have planned, such as our special guest speakers.
For more information, contact one of our faculty advisor, Dr. Joe Erickson.
The Russian Club promotes the discussion and learning of Russian culture, language and history. The group meets regularly, and anyone can join.
The French Club promotes and celebrates the diverse aspects of the French language and Francophone cultures. It gives students, the campus community and the public the opportunity to exercise their French linguistic skills and enjoy cultural activities in a relaxed atmosphere outside of the classroom.
Club events and activities include:
- Current popular films shown in French with English subtitles
- La Table Française, Thursdays at noon in the Houston Harte University Center
- Activities with area high schools and ASU Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) events
- Annual French Club Scholarship
- Autumn Festival (La Fête d’Automne), an annual cheese and pastry tasting party at the ASU Lake House
- Spring Gumbo Cook-Off, a Mardi Gras celebration
For more information, contact faculty sponsor Dr. Randolph Peters.
The German Club promotes and celebrates the diverse aspects of the German language and Germanic cultures. It gives students, the campus community and the public the opportunity to exercise their German linguistic skills and enjoy cultural activities in a relaxed atmosphere outside of the classroom.