Skip Navigation
Office of Human Resources
Member, Texas Tech University System The Princeton Review - 373 Best Colleges, 2011 Edition

New Student Employees

Welcome to our ASU employee community. As a newly hired student employee, there are a few steps to take before you can begin work. If you have any questions about these steps or anything related to your employment, please call or visit the Office of Human Resources at 325-942-2168. We are located in the Runnels East Annex Building.

To ensure your employment is processed properly, FOLLOW THESE STEPS BEFORE YOUR FIRST DAY AT WORK:

  1. Download the Employee Information Sheet form. Complete the entire form.
  2. Download the Form I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification. Complete up to the Employee’s Signature and Date line.
  3. Download the W-4 (2014) form. Complete the lower portion of the form that begins with Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate.
  4. Download, read and keep the following polices:
    1. Ethics and Standards of Conduct Statement
    2. Policy Statement on AIDS and HIV
    3. Sexual Harassment Policy
    4. Texas Hazard Communication Act of 1985
    5. Drug Free Schools and Communities Act
    6. Notice About Employee Information Statutes
    7. FERPA Statement (Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
    8. Information Technology Operating and Security Policy OP 44.00
    9. Affordable Care Act Marketplace Disclosure Form
  5. Download the Student/Temporary Employee Acknowledgement and Certification form. Read, complete and sign the form.


  1. The four forms you completed above. This includes the Employee Information Sheet; Form I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification; W-4; and the Student/Temporary Employee Acknowledgement and Certification form.
  2. Original documents that are listed on the back of the I-9 Form - Employment Eligibility Verification. For your convenience, you can view the list here. Please note to bring any ONE document from list A. Or if not available, any ONE document from list B AND list C.
  3. Original Social Security card so that our office can verify your legal name and social security number which is used for payroll and employment purposes. If you do not have your Social Security card, you can obtain one by visiting the Social Security Office located at 2851 Southwest Blvd. (near the intersection of Sherwood Way and Southwest Blvd.). Their phone number is 325-949-4608.
  4. To obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate, please see the Tom Green County Clerk’s office at 124 W. Beauregard or call 325-659-6553 for more information.


Download instructions on completing your time sheet online. If you have any questions, please contact Payroll Services at 325-942-2727.