Non-exempt Employee Web Time Entry and Semi-monthly Payroll Project
- All Classified/Non-Exempt/Hourly employees moved to the Web time entry format for entering work time, effective December 16, 2011.
- Almost all students will now be required to utilize Web time entry if they do not currently use this format.
- Supervisors who currently approve time sheets for employees and student employees will experience some minor changes.
Changes Being Made
- Timekeeping and leave reporting will move from a paper process to an electronic format on RamPort, effective December 16, 2011.
- Pay dates will move from being paid once monthly to being paid twice monthly (for Non-Exempt/Hourly employees only).
- Supervisors will now approve time sheets online through RamPort.
Town hall discussions are scheduled for Thursday, September 22nd at 2:00pm in MCS 100 and Wednesday, September 28th at 2:00pm in MCS 100
Training for users and approvers (Oct. 1 – Dec. 15):
- Oct. 26: 3-4pm in Rassman 117
- Oct. 27: 4-5pm in Rassman 117
- Oct. 31: 2-3pm in Rassman 117
- Nov. 1: 3:30-4:30pm in Rassman 117
- Nov. 8: 8:30-9:30am in Rassman 117
- Nov. 10: 8:30-9:30am in Rassman 117
- Dec. 2: 2-3pm in Rassman 117
- Dec. 6: 3:30-4:30pm in Rassman 117
- Dec 12: 10-11am in Rassman 117
“Come and Go” assistance for users and approvers:
- Dec. 19: 10am-Noon in Rassman 117
- Dec. 20: 3-5pm in Rassman 117
- Dec. 21: 1-3pm in Rassman 117
December 2011 and January 2012 will be the transition time period:
- December 16th - go-live date for Web Time Entry
- Staff will receive full paycheck Dec. 1 for time worked in November
Transition to Semi-Monthly Payroll:
- Time worked Dec. 1st-15th will be paid Jan. 2nd*(STAFF) *Please note: Even though the State of Texas payday is January 2nd, that is also a banking holiday, so your direct deposit may credit on the following business day, January 3rd.
- Time worked Dec. 1st-15th will be paid Jan. 5th (STUDENTS)
- Time worked Dec. 16th-31st will be paid Jan. 10th (EVERYONE)
- Time worked Jan. 1st-15th will be paid Jan. 25th (EVERYONE)
Pay Dates Thereafter (ALL NON-EXEMPT STAFF & STUDENTS):
- Time worked the 1st-15th will be paid on the 25th of each month
- Time worked the 16th-31st will be paid on the 10th of each month
Click here to view the 2012 Payroll Calendar that includes pay dates, approval cutoff dates, and standard working hours per pay period.