ASU’s Master of Science in Nursing program tracks are offered online through Blackboard, a course delivery system. On-campus attendance requirements are kept to a minimum and are dependent upon the Graduate Nursing course to which you are enrolled. Clinical requirements can usually be completed in the student’s city of residence within the state of Texas, provided course objectives are met. Preceptors and Clinical Sites are subject to approval per course requirements and expected course objectives
Upon acceptance, Non-Degree seeking students may take a maximum of 9 semester credit hours (SCH).
In addition to the general requirements for admission to the College of Graduate Studies, applicants for Non-Degree admission to the M.S.N. program must meet the following criteria:
- Acceptance into the College of Graduate Studies. Complete an ASU Graduate Application
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), or the AACN Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale*
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas. MSN Core Curriculum and Advanced Practice Practicums are required to be completed in Texas.
- Three letters of recommendation (Non-Degree Nursing Recommendation Form)
* When an applicant’s GPA is below 3.0, but between 2.75 and 2.99, and if the applicant has achieved a 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work, the applicant may be granted provisional admission.
Non-Degree applicants are accepted on a “space available” basis.
A Non-Degree applicant may take a maximum of 9 semester credit hours.
Prior to their first clinical course, graduate students must have the following on file in the nursing office:
- Current CPR (professional level) certification
- Evidence of meeting state-mandated immunization requirements
- Proof of current health insurance
Family Nurse Practitioner X Nurse Educator X X X Post Master’s Certificate - FNP X X X Post Master’s Certificate - NE X X X Post Master’s Certificate - RNFA X X