Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-B.S.N.) Program
ASU no longer offers the RN-BSN Degree Program.
The information below is for CURRENT RN-BSN students only.
Standards for Progression in the RN-B.S.N. Program
The following standards must be maintained by each student in order to progress in the B.S.N. program to graduation:
- Compliance with all rules and regulations outlined in the B.S.N. Student Handbook and the Undergraduate University Catalog
- A minimum 2.0 overall grade point average (GPA) at the completion of each semester in order to register for the next nursing course and to graduate.
- Successful completion of each nursing course with a grade of C or above
- Demonstration of safe performance in the clinical laboratory at all times
- Adherence to the rules and regulations as defined in the current Nurse Practice Act for the State of Texas, and the Code of Ethics of the American Nurses Association while in the performance of duties in the B.S.N. program
- Compliance with the Angelo State University Honor Code
Students who have an interruption in the normal progression of their nursing studies as a result of withdrawing from nursing course(s) for more than one long semester, earning a grade lower than C in a required nursing or science course, or not being in compliance with other progression standards will no longer be enrolled in the RN-B.S.N. program. Individuals who request and are approved for readmission to the RN-B.S.N. program may be reinstated only once. Recommendation from the nursing faculty and an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better are required for readmission. Readmission is on a “space available” basis. Please complete and submit the RN-B.S.N. Readmission Application to begin the readmission process before the deadline -
- Summer/fall term reentry - March 15
- Spring term reentry - October 15