Financial Aid for Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) Students
While a graduate degree is a wise investment for your future, we realize that many expenses, including tuition, fees and books, are associated with a graduate education. Several programs are available at ASU to assist you in financing your graduate studies.
Financial Assistance Through the College of Graduate Studies
For information related to Carr Graduate Scholarships and Graduate Assistantships/Teaching Assistantships, visit the ASU Graduate Financial Aid web page.
Financial Assistance Through the Financial Aid Office
For information on grants, loans and other federal programs, visit the ASU Financial Aid website.
Financial Assistance Through the Nursing Program
To be considered for financial assistance through the nursing program, you must have been accepted to both the College of Graduate Studies and the nursing program. Below are details about a variety of programs available to M.S.N. students.
Shannon Medical Center/Boelsche Graduate Scholarships
Graduate nursing students who demonstrate academic excellence and professional behavior may apply for scholarship money from Shannon Medical Center, when available.
- To complete the Graduate Nursing Financial Aid Application, a student must login to RamPort; open the Financial Aid tab; select Applications & Surveys; and choose the Department of Nursing Scholarship Application. Complete the application and submit.
- The M.S.N. advisor will initiate discussion of possible candidates at a faculty meeting in late spring after the deadline for submission of applications.
- Faculty will agree on a priority list of candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence and professional behaviors. Criteria for selection will be the following:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Need/financial hardship
- Course load of six hours or more
- Demonstrated involvement in department and other volunteer/professional activities
Students selected will receive one-half of the money for the fall semester and the remainder for the spring semester, as long as progression requirements have been met. E-mail inquiries about the scholarships to Office of Scholarships at email@example.com.