DPT Program Requirements
Qualified applicants must:
- Complete a baccalaureate degree with program prerequisites PRIOR to matriculation
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (including all repeat courses)
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA in DPT program prerequisite courses (both grades attained will be used for repeat prerequisite courses, but Graduate Advisor will look over last 60 hours).No grade lower than “C” accepted.
- Complete all prerequisite courses by the end of the semester PRIOR to matriculation (view prerequisites)
- Score a minimum 1000 total score (297 - 300 with new scoring) on GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative. GRE Conversion for current GRE scale score available on the GRE website.
- Complete a total of 50 observation or employment hours that would include two different areas of clinical practice (i.e. Hours can come from 2 outpatient clinics as long as there were different areas/topics viewed.) You do not have to use our hour form. You may use your facility’s form as long as supervisor signs it and puts their license number on there.
- Complete three letters of recommendation forms (academic, health related, personal)
- Complete a self-report transcript form
- Score at least 2,500 points from the formula:
(300 x GPA) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Analytical Writing. For formula purposes, prior GRE scale scores are used. Refer to the link above for current GRE scale score conversion. The Analytical Writing conversion is as follows:
- 1.0 = 300
- 1.5 = 300
- 2.0 = 300
- 2.5 = 320
- 3.0 = 350
- 3.5 = 400
- 4.0 = 460
- 4.5 = 540
- 5.0 = 620
- 5.5 = 700
- 6.0 = 760
To access the two-stage application process, refer to Stage I.
For general prerequisite pre-admission information or advising contact:
Dr. Shelly Weise
ASU Station #10923
San Angelo, TX 76909-0923
Telephone: (325-486-6474) or main PT office (325) 942-2545
Fax: (325) 942-2548
Vincent Nursing-Physical Science Building, Room 266
2333 Vanderventer St.