DPT Program Requirements
Qualified applicants must:
- Complete a baccalaureate degree with program prerequisites PRIOR to matriculation
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (including all repeat courses)
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA in DPT program prerequisite courses.No grade lower than “C” accepted.
- Complete an application through PTCAS. All extra needs like prerequisites, references, GRE, observation hours, transcripts, etc. will need to be submitted through PTCAS for application.
- Complete all prerequisite courses by the end of the semester PRIOR to matriculation (view prerequisites)
- Score a minimum 1000 total score (297 - 300 with new scoring) on GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative. GRE Conversion for current GRE scale score available on the GRE website.
- Complete a total of 50 observation or employment hours that would include two different areas of clinical practice (i.e. Hours can come from 2 outpatient clinics as long as there were different areas/topics viewed.)
- Complete three letters of recommendation forms (academic, health related, personal)
- Complete a self-report transcript form
- Score at least 2,500 points from the formula:
(300 x GPA) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Analytical Writing. For formula purposes, prior GRE scale scores are used. Refer to the link above for current GRE scale score conversion. The Analytical Writing conversion is as follows:
- 1.0 = 300
- 1.5 = 300
- 2.0 = 300
- 2.5 = 320
- 3.0 = 350
- 3.5 = 400
- 4.0 = 460
- 4.5 = 540
- 5.0 = 620
- 5.5 = 700
- 6.0 = 760
To access the two-stage application process, refer to Stage I.
For general prerequisite pre-admission information or advising contact:
Dr. Shelly Weise
ASU Station #10923
San Angelo, TX 76909-0923
Telephone: (325-486-6474) or main PT office (325) 942-2545
Fax: (325) 942-2548
Ms. Amber M. Ward at email@example.com
PT Department Office
Vincent Nursing-Physical Science Building, Room 237
2333 Vanderventer St.