Applied Psychology Degree Plan
Thesis or Non-Thesis Option (36 semester credit hours)
Students must complete a minimum of 30 semester credit hours of graduate-level work in psychology and six additional semester credit hours of graduate-level work in psychology or supporting electives.
Psychology required courses: 6302 (required only if needed for leveling), 6314
Three courses from: 6303, 6311, 6332, 6341, 6342, 6347, 6357
Thesis students only: 6699 (Thesis) or 6399 (Thesis) twice.
Courses for the remaining 18 (thesis) or 24 (non-thesis) hours in psychology or supporting electives are unspecified, but must be approved by the student’s graduate advisor.
- PSY 6302 Core Concepts on Psychological Science
- PSY 6314 Research Methods
- PSY 6303 Social Psychology
- PSY 6311 Theories of Personality
- PSY 6330 Applied Economic Psychology
- PSY 6332 Social Perception
- PSY 6334 Environmental Psychology
- PSY 6336 Psychology of Chemical Dependency
- PSY 6337 Forensic Psychology
- PSY 6338 Educational Psychology
- PSY 6341 Advanced Learning
- PSY 6342 Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience
- PSY 6347 Developmental Psychology
- PSY 6355 Psychology of Human Performance
- PSY 6357 Motivation, Emotion, and Stress
- PSY 6361 Teaching of Psychology