Expectations & Customer Service Standards
More than a place to live
College can be an exciting and anxious time for families and students, particularly when it is the first time they have lived apart. Both sides are probably going to go through some adjustments.
Residential Programs recognizes that parents and other family members are important influences and support systems for our students. We share your commitment to student success.
We want the students who live with us to succeed academically and personally as a result of their time at ASU. Our policies and programs are grounded in proven student development theory as well as the practical “hands on” experience that has helped thousands of college students succeed in a university setting.
You can expect us to:
- Support your student by being available when they need help or information.
- Offer educational, social and leadership activities designed to enhance students’ academic and personal development efforts – and help them have fun.
- Provide students with opportunities to apply problem-solving skills that will help them develop self-confidence and independence, as well as the sense of interdependence that comes from being a part of a diverse community of fellow students.
- Treat students like adults who are capable of making responsible decisions.
- Challenge students to broaden their experience by learning about and from others and showing tolerance for differing points of view.
Within the parameters of our legal and philosophical responsibilities to student privacy and development, we hope to engage family members as partners in the university housing experience. We encourage you to contact us with any questions and we look forward to working with you.
We pledge to you that we will:
- Greet you with a smile.
- Treat you with respect.
- Take time to listen to you.
- Take a genuine interest in you.
- Provide accurate information in a user friendly way.
- Ask for your feedback and use it to improve our programs and services.
- Be knowledgeable and well-trained.
- Respond to your inquiries, problems or concerns promptly and identify any options or possible solutions available.
- Demonstrate excellent stewardship of our facilities by ensuring that they are clean, well-maintained and comfortable, and provide a physical environment conducive to learning.
- Remember that we are here to help you succeed!
Thank you for choosing living and learning on campus.