Texan Hall houses both first year and returning students. As such, the programs, activities and services at Texan Hall are intended to enhance and support the special needs and interests of students who are both in their first year of college through graduation.As the designated Honors Housing area on campus, first-year students who have been accepted into the Honors Program are eligible to request housing at Texan Hall.
The 508 residents who live in Texan Hall’s two-person units, enjoy private bedrooms and a shared seating area and bathroom. A snack preparation area with a small counter, sink, cabinets and micro-fridge units is in the shared area.
This three-story residence hall has a movie-style theater that seats 75 and a large common area that can be divided into three spaces during program activities. Each floor has laundry facilities, enclosed quiet study areas, vending machines and a lounge for socializing and recreation. Texan Hall is co-ed by unit, meaning that men and women may be neighbors, but not roommates.
Texan Hall, which can be found on the campus map, is near the Massie Residence Halls, Junell Center and the Intramural Fields and is a short walk from most academic buildings.
Two-resident units include:
- A shared living room and kitchen and two bedrooms (double occupancy) that share an adjoining bathroom. Each bedroom has a separate sink and vanity area.
- Mirrored closets.
- Expanded basic cable TV service (Lounges/common areas only).
- Option of contracting individually for (in room) basic or premium cable TV service.
- Moveable beds, dressers, desks, desk chairs and living room seating.
- One high speed Ethernet connection per student for easy Internet and e-mail access.