APPLICATIONS DUE: Friday, March 27, 2015 @ Noon
Resident Assistants (RAs) are an integral part of Housing & Residential Programs. They are the staff members who have the most direct and constant contact with students. Their primary responsibilities are to help facilitate a sense of community in the residence halls and to enhance the social, educational, spiritual, intellectual, physical, cultural and environmental development of each resident.
RAs articulate for students the philosophy and policies of Housing & Residential Programs and the university. They represent Housing & Residential Programs and act as role models for students. The six basic roles of an RA are:
- Community facilitator
- Referral agent
- Team member
- Educator/events planner
- University representative
Students applying must meet these criteria:
- Full time student, available entire academic year
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Completed application & three references on file
- Minimum of two semesters living on campus or comparable group living experience preferred. Need not be a current resident.
- Be free of disciplinary probation
- Personal attributes of maturity, honesty, openness, self-reliance, motivation, creativity and enthusiasm
- Sincere interest in working with college students
- Appreciation of & interest in different viewpoints, cultures & life styles
- As a security sensitive position a required criminal background check will be conducted prior to employment
- RAs are not allowed to be employed in any position outside of Housing & Residential Programs (on or off campus) at the same time they are working as an RA. This is due to the availability requirements inherent with the RA job.
- RAs are required to begin training three weeks prior to the residence halls opening in the fall. Attendance at training is MANDATORY for all RAs.
- RAs are required to stay 2 - 5 days after the residence halls close at the end of the semester and academic year to complete required administrative responsibilities.
- RAs are required to attend regularly scheduled in-service training sessions. The in-service training schedule will be provided during Fall Training.
- Monthly stipend: $700
- RAs enjoy the advantage of a private room at the special RA room rate of $1,250 per semester ($2,500 per year), regardless of which residence hall they are assigned. RA room charges are billed at 50 percent for fall and 50 percent for spring. RAs are subject to existing meal plan requirements.
- Invaluable leadership skills & life long friendships
- Opportunities for advancement
Applications and Resumes may be completed and submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, printed and faxed to 325-942-2239, or printed and returned to the Housing & Residential Programs Office in Centennial Village (Tower Entrance).
We give hiring priority to students who live on campus. Living on campus is required for continued employment.
Click on these links to download the Resident Assistant Application and Reference Forms and apply today!