Student Office Assistant
The Housing & Residential Programs Office looks for organized, reliable students to provide assistance with routine office functions. The student office assistant position involves interacting with our residents, parents, and fellow staff members in a pleasant and professional manner as well as responding to questions and requests for information.
Strong communication skills and a positive attitude are required. The student office assistant performs basic office-related functions, including typing, basic word processing, filing, taking messages, making appropriate referrals and assisting with delivering mail and other items to campus offices. We are looking for people who are patient, self-directed and understand when to ask for assistance. We will work around class schedules.
Student office assistants earn $8 an hour (about 20 hours per week).
Students applying must meet these requirements:
- Maintain a 2.25 cumulative GPA.
- Be available to work Saturday hours for NSO and Discover ASU events.
- Meet preferred availability of work hours for summer as well as academic year employment.
- Be able to operate a personal computer and perform basic word processing and data entry tasks.
- Have great organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Possess strong communication skills and a pleasant disposition.
- Be able to provide excellent customer service and interact with others in a professional and courteous manner.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Be trustworthy. This position requires dealing with confidential information.