San Antonio PD Career Day
Greetings from the San Antonio Police Department
The San Antonio Police Department in conjunction with the Criminal Justice Student Association at San Antonio College will be hosting our 3rd Annual Public Safety Day on March 2, 2013 in San Antonio, Texas.
This is a collaborative effort between the San Antonio Police Department and San Antonio College to provide an opportunity for your students to visit with several different law enforcement agencies / fire departments. We will have 25 – 30 classrooms at the San Antonio College Oppenheimer Academic Center. Students / Attendees may talk with recruiters in a classroom setting to learn and inquire about employment opportunities, processing, and benefits from the individual agency. There will be representatives from every level to include Federal, State and Local agencies. A representative from the San Antonio College Basic Law Enforcement Academy will also be on hand to explain their curriculum. This is a unique opportunity for students to gain insight on their future career choice.
Most employers WILL be accepting applications from attendees should they decide to apply with a particular agency. As a bonus, perhaps you could increase incentive for every student that attends, as we are attempting to get as much traffic through the event as possible. We are planning on making this an annual event. Again, the event is scheduled for Saturday, March 2, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The event will be held on the San Antonio College campus.
It is our vision that this event will serve all of us in the future as a resource pool to draw motivated, focused applicants from. It is also an effort to show attendees that policing / public safety has no borders. We have the greatest careers in the world!!! Now let’s share our vision with others.
If you have any former students or associates that may be interested, please forward this email to them.
Agencies that have already confirmed (in no particular order):
- San Antonio Police Department
- Austin Police Department
- Austin Fire Department
- Houston Police Department
- Corpus Christi Police Department
- Irving Police Department
- Fort Worth Police Department
- Dallas Police Department
- Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Round Rock Police Department
- University of Texas at San Antonio Police Department
- Travis County Sherriff’s Department
- Harris County Sherriff’s Department
- Bexar County Sherriff’s Department
- Wichita Falls Police Department
- Denton Police Department
- Texas Game and Wildlife ( Game Wardens)
- Texas Juvenile Justice Department (formerly Texas Youth Commission )
- US Customs and Border Patrol
- Laredo Fire Department
- National Park Service
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice (formerly Texas Department of Corrections )
- Alamo Colleges Police Department
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at the below listed number(s).
Officer Andre’ M. Taylor #0503
555 Academic Court
San Antonio, TX. 78204
Office: (210) 207-5050
Desk: (210) 207-3358
Cell: (210) 414-5105