Receive Credit for Your Community College of the Air Force Degree
The AU-ABC program aligns with the Air Force vision and meets the Air University’s near-term goal of providing enhanced educational opportunities for our enlisted force. The AU-ABC initiative establishes partnerships between the Air Force and accredited civilian higher education institutions to offer baccalaureate degree opportunities via distance learning. AU-ABC links airmen who have completed associate degrees to “military friendly” baccalaureate programs.
Key Features of the AU-ABC Program:
- It builds on your Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) degree.
- CCAF graduates earn bachelor’s degrees after completing no more than 60 semester hours beyond their associate degree.
- It maximizes the application of your military career education and training.
- Military friendly colleges and universities award the bachelor’s degrees.
- It is based in virtual campus instruction.
- Every participant receives a binding degree completion contract that locks in transfer credit and states remaining degree requirements.
- Maximized Acceptance of Transfer Credits. The AU-ABC degree plans in the Department of Security Studies and Criminal Justice will accept all 64 hours from the student’s CCAF degree plus additional courses from other schools. The major courses (31 hours) must be completed through online or in-resident enrollment at Angelo State University.
Angelo State University offers the following AU-ABC degree plans:
- Bachelor of Border Security
- Bachelor of Intelligence, Security Studies, and Analysis
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (Specialization in Criminal Justice)
The ASU course schedule will show you what specific classes are being offered this semester. Click the link for Border Security, Criminal Justice, Intelligence, Security Studies and Analysis, or Security Studies links to view a detailed schedule.
Program Plan Files
Program plan files show the CCAF credits that apply to each degree as well as the remaining credits that students are required to complete in the program.
- Bachelor of Border Security Program Plan File
- Bachelor of Intelligence, Security Studies, and Analysis Program Plan File
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (Specialization in Criminal Justice) Program Plan File