Skip Navigation
Angelo State University
Department of Security Studies and Criminal Justice

Search Site

Information for:

Graduate Admitted Students

  1. You will receive an e-mail acceptance notification which will contain your Campus ID (CID) and a temporary PIN. You will use this information to log into your Technology Access Account. The account gives you access to your student information, e-mail, billing, library services, etc. If you have problems with this, contact IT at or call 325-942-2911 (toll-free: 866-942-2911). 
  2. Fill out the Application for Degree Plan and submit it to the program advisor. Scan and e-mail it to, fax it to (325) 942-2544, or mail it to CSS.        Note: Information on the degree plan can be changed later. For instance, if you decide to switch from the thesis option to the non-thesis option in the M.S.S. program, you simply need to fill out a new degree plan and submit it to the program advisor.
  3. If you are under 22 years of age, and a distance learning student, please fill out the Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Exemption Form and return to the Registrar at
    Note: If you will be taking classes on campus, you must submit your vaccination documentation to the Registrar before you can register. More Information.
  4. Obtain and activate your ASU OneCard, your student identification card. Follow the instructions to upload your picture and receive your OneCard by mail. After receiving your card in the mail, you will need to activate it by going to You DO NOT need to get your OneCard before you register and begin courses.
    Note: It is important to request an ASU OneCard even if you are a distance learning student. Any tuition refunds that you receive will be deposited in your account. Your card will also allow you to quickly access any reimbursements or financial aid funds.
  5. Access RamPort , the university’s information portal. You will use RamPort to register for courses, pay for classes and check your ASU student e-mail account. 
  6. If you need assistance in selecting your courses, please contact your assigned faculty advisor. You will be assigned an advisor immediately following your admittance.  A list of projected course offerings for future semesters is provided on our website and can provide guidance for you in planning your courses. 
  7. Before your courses begin, order any required textbooks or e-books for your courses. Book information can be found on the course syllabus or by contacting the instructor.
  8. To begin coursework, access Blackboard for course assignments. You will log in using your Technology Access Account. Courses may not appear in Blackboard until the first day of the courses.

Steps for Tuition Exemptions, Payments, and Billing

  1. If you are currently stationed in Texas, fill out the Active Duty Military Dependent Certification Form and submit it to the Registrars Office. This will allow you to receive in-state tuition rates.
  2. If you are seeking veterans benefits (G.I. Bill or Hazelwood), fill out the VA Enrollment Form and contact the VA Benefits Office.
  3. If you are using Military Tuition Assistance, please fill out necessary paperwork through your branch of the military. For questions about Tuition Assistance, please contact the VETS Center.  Contact the CSS program advisor at for a degree plan to submit with your T.A. application.
  4. If you are interested in applying for financial aid, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Be aware of priority deadlines for applications to ensure processing before tuition payments are due and additional paperwork is required. More information can be found on the ASU Financial Aid website.