ASU Lake House Facility
Great news! Outdoor Adventures is now staffing the general-use hours out at the Lake House. This beautiful property with the Lake Nasworthy backdrop, offers ample opportunities to unwind and relax. Whether you are looking to play, study, grill, kayak, or nap, this place is for you.
- Equipment checkout
- Sit-on-top kayaks, basketballs, volleyballs, footballs, table tennis, and Frisbees
- Regulation-sized table tennis
- Outdoor sand volleyball court
- Outdoor basketball court
- Picnic tables
- Free-standing charcoal grills
- Shaded pavilion
- Two boat launches
- Access to the lake
- Swimming is at the participant’s own risk
- There is no lifeguard on duty
- Diving is prohibited
- Bathroom facilities
- Equipment checkout
Location & Hours
Lake House Hours of Operation:
Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday, 1 p.m. to sundown
Phone for Lake House is 325-942-2588.
The ASU Lake House located at 1925 Beaty Road, San Angelo, TX. Please click here for location map.
Special Events / Facility Reservation
If you are interested in reserving the property for an event / program, please contact Special Events.
Access & Eligibility
Facility / Program Access and Eligibility
Access to the Climbing Gym & ASU Lake House Facility is limited. Valid identification is required to enter the premises, and a waiver of liability must be on-file.
University Recreation now offers an OA Programs Pass available for purchase that will grant the holder access to the Climbing Gym and kayak check-out at the Lake House. Affiliated User Groups may purchase either a day pass, or an annual pass that is valid until their membership expires / renews. Additionally, all user groups with recreation privileges may now purchase and sponsor guests in the Climbing Gym & ASU Lake House Facility.
In order for a guest of that user group to climb / kayak, the sponsor must purchase an OA Programs Day Pass ($15) and a Guest Facility Access Pass ($5).
These passes must be purchased during normal business hours. The passes may also be purchased ahead of time for later use (expiration dates listed on passes). For a full list of affiliations recognized by University Recreation, please visit the Memberships page. Additional information on the OA Programs Pass may be found at the bottom of the Memberships page.
BREAKDOWN BY USER GROUP USER GROUP WITH ACCESS ALLOTTED GUESTS PROGRAMS (e.g. kayak check out) ASU Students 4 FREE YES Activity Card Holders 4 FREE YES UREC Pass Holders 4 PAID YES Affiliated User Groups with recreation access (e.g. Athletic Foundation, Alumni Association, Mother & Daughter, etc.) 4 PAID $15 DAY PASS $100 ANNUAL PASS ASU Faculty / Staff X X Sponsored Guests X $15 DAY PASS + FACILITY ACCESS
Guidelines for Equipment Checkout
Guidelines for Equipment Check-out:
- Current students, faculty, staff, and activity card holders are eligible to check-out and use the equipment if they are at least 16 years of age.Facility use card holders, Activity card holders who are under the age 16 and guests of students, faculty, and staff are unable to use the equipment.
- Outdoor Adventures will require all patrons to sign a risk waiver prior to checking out a kayak.
- Although eligible activity card holders (at least 16 years of age) have authorization to check-out and use the equipment, the faculty/staff host must be present with the activity card holder the entire time the equipment is used. The host will be responsible for any damage or improper use of the equipment by the activity card holder.
Other issues that everyone needs to be aware of are:
- The equipment may only be checked-out for a single day and must be returned fifteen minutes before the Lake House facility is closed. Equipment checked-out longer than a day, or taken off-property must go through Equipment Rental program.
- Eligible patrons must present a valid identification card to use the equipment.
- Risk waiver forms must be signed by the patron before a kayak can be used.