Red Cross Skill and Safety
The following courses will be offered for
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
This 30 hour course teaches the skills necessary to become a lifeguard. Participants gain the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. Successful completion of this course, which includes attending all class sessions, will certify participants in lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, valid for 2 years.
- Must be 15 years old by the last day of the course (provide proof at time of registration and on the first day of class).
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, all within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes with hands in arm pits, head must remain above the water.
Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED
This course tests participant’s knowledge of: rescue breathing, obstructed airway techniques, CPR for adults, children and infants, and the use of an AED (automated external defibrillator). Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive certification in Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED, which is valid for 2 years. Please note this course does not include skills covered in the First Aid Course.
If you need to be certified please contact UREC to set up a training! (325) 942-2034 or email@example.com.
- Registration for Spring 2014 Classes begins January 13, 2014
- To register for classes, stop by CHP Room 112 during normal business hours, complete a registration form, and provide payment in the form of cash, check (made payable to : Angelo State University), or credit/debit card.
- Each class has a registration deadline of 12:00 p.m. on the Monday prior to the class date.
- Classes that have not reached 3 registrants at the time of the registration deadline may be cancelled, and refunds or credits will be issued.
- If a participant has signed up for a class and does not show for the class, they will NOT receive a refund or be able to sign up for another class. For them to take another class, they must pay again.