Skip Navigation
Angelo State University
Veterans Educational and Transitional Services (VETS)

Search Site

Information for:

VETS Center Forms

Registration Checklist

If you are applying for VA Educational Benefits, our checklists will provide steps and resources needed to help you begin your journey back to school. There are different processes and requirements for each type of VA Educational benefits, so please use the checklist that applies to your situation. All veterans will use the Veteran Checklist. Those using Post 9/11 that were transferred to them by a parent or spouse will use the Transfer of Entitlement (TOE) checklist. Those using Chapter 35 Dependents’ Educational Assistance for survivors and dependents will use the DEA Checklist. Active service members and reservists using Tuition Assistance (TA) will use the TA Checklist .If you are not sure which benefit you are eligible for, please contact the VETS Center for assistance.

Request For Certification of Enrollment

Each semester, after you enroll in classes, you must complete and submit a Request for Certification of Enrollment. The purpose of this form is to notify the VETS Center that you are registered for one or more classes and wish to have your enrollment submitted to VA for payment. Please do not submit a Request for Certification of Enrollment unless you are registered for classes for the upcoming semester or term.

To ensure that students’ VA Education Benefits are certified in time for spring bills we are encouraging students to make appointments with the VETS Center to have their benefits certified as soon as they have registered. Check out the Priority Certification page for times and dates.

Request for Participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program (for non-resident students)

Use this form to request Yellow Ribbon matching funds. Yellow Ribbon funds cover the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition rates for those who do not qualify for in-state tuition. To qualify, you must 1) be enrolled for one or more courses for the semester to be certified, 2) have a complete file with the VETS Center, 3) be eligible for Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill at the 100% rate, and 4) NOT be an active duty service member or the spouse of an active duty service member. Yellow Ribbon funds are limited, and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Yellow Ribbon funds must be requested each term upon registration and may not be available every term.

Senate Bill 297 Tuition Waiver Certification Form

Senate Bill 297 provides in-state tuition for veterans who are eligible for federal education benefits, and to their spouses and children. To qualify, the veteran, spouse or child must reside in Texas while attending college; must be registered for selective service (if not exempt due to age or gender); and the dependent child (or step-child) must be 25 years of age or younger at the beginning of the term. This form must be completed by the person using the waiver and signed by VETS Center staff before being submitted to the Registrar’s Office for processing.

Statement of Understanding

This form addresses what your benefits cover, and acknowledges your understanding of some of the more important issues, like failed or dropped courses and transfer credit. You will only need to complete this form one time.

Student Information/Schedule Change Request

Use this form to notify the VETS Center of changes to your telephone number, active duty status, major/minor/specialization, added/dropped courses, withdrawal from college, increase in Chapter 33 entitlement percentage, lapse or exhaustion of benefits, or in-state residency status.