Vice President for Finance & Administration
ANGELO STATE UNIVERSITY
Member, Texas Tech University System
The Vice President for Finance and Administration is the chief financial officer of the University and reports to the President. Responsibilities include the establishment and oversight of financial operations and reporting, facilities planning, and human resource management.
The Vice President directly supervises the following units:
- Associate Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Budget, Human Resources, and Payroll
- Associate Vice President for Information Technology
- Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Risk & Emergency Management
- OneCard, Parking Services
- Business Services
- Facilities Management
- Facilities Planning and Construction
- Materials Management
- Special Projects
- University Police
Specific functional duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budgets; present these budgets to the Texas Tech University System Board of Regents; prepare requests for state appropriations.
- Develop, formulate, supervise, administer, and recommend policies on accounting, financial planning, control and protection of university assets, inventories, grants and government reporting.
- Develop, negotiate, and authorize contracts and agreements.
- Supervise control of all financial records of the institution.
- Supervise all activities related to physical plant operations.
- Coordinate space management procedures.
- Provide for a safe and secure campus.
- Leverage the investment in technology for campus efficiencies and improvements.
- Collaborate with the vice presidents and other campus constituencies in the consideration, discussion, and implementation of programs and services that support student learning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Texas legislative and higher education financial policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of applicable national and disciplinary accreditation requirements and guidelines;
- Skilled in the supervision of multiple complex administrative units;
- Skilled in conflict management, negotiations and persuasions;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences;
- Ability to establish strong professional relationships in the internal and external communities and the ability to establish credibility with all constituencies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires prolonged periods of sitting, occasional walking, and intermittent bending and standing; medium level manual dexterity; occasional lifting up to 15 lbs.
Works in a pleasant, well-lighted, temperature-controlled environment; occasional periods of heavy workload and stress.
Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible financial, administrative, and supervisory experience in leadership positions at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, management, or other directly related field from a regionally accredited institution.
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS:
- Cover Letter
The Search Committee will accept applications electronically, via the ASU Human Resources website, and will review applications until the position is filled. Initial review of applications will begin April 1, 2014.
Confidential nominations and inquiries concerning this search may be directed to:
Kurtis Neal, SPHR
Director of Human Resources
Angelo State University
ASU Station #11009
San Angelo, TX 76909
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals in this classification. Actual duties may vary from position to position assigned to this classification; however the general nature and qualifications are the same. Management staff retains the right to assign and change the duties of the position at any time.
Angelo State University
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer