Greek Life Funding (GLF)
The Greek Life Fund (GLF) provides Angelo State University social Greek Chapters access to financial resources so that they can provide programs and activities for the campus community. GLF is primarily intended for those chapters that do not have access to funding from other campus departments or programs. GLF provides funding for activities that are over and above the routine needs of each chapter as it is reasonable to expect chapters to pay for their basic expenses through dues, donations, fund-raisers, and other methods of self-support.
The GLF program is designed to assist chapters in the following areas:
- Sponsoring programs that enhance the social, recreational, and/or academic aspects of campus life, and
- Participating in endeavors that contribute to the leadership or professional development of organization members.
After a Greek Life chapter receives approval for a GLF Application for Travel. A travel packet is due 2 weeks prior to when funding is needed. The majority of travel forms are available on the Travel Office webpage all other forms are linked below.
- Travel Authorizations Request (Note: Advisors must sign this request)
- Student Group Travel List
- Student Group Travel Form
- Student Activity Release Form (This form should be used when students are participating in or traveling to University sponsored events or activities.)
- Student Activity Release Form Travel by Private Vehicle (This form should be used when students are riding or driving in a personal or privately owned vehicle to University sponsored events or activities.)
- Student Driver Acknowledgement Statement (This form should be used, in addition to the Student Activity Release Form Travel by Private Vehicle, when a student is driving a personal or privately owned vehicle to University sponsored events or activities.)
Upon returning from a student trip student organizations have 2 weeks to submit the Student Travel Expense Report, appropriate receipts and remaining funds. (Note: Advisors must sign this form.)
All information pertaining to Greek Life Funding is available in the GLF Guidelines.
The Greek Life Funding Board (GLFB) reviews and makes recommendations to the Coordinator for Greek Life concerning requests for the Greek Life Fund (GLF) funding received from social Greek chapters. In addition, the GFLB can make recommendations for changes to the GLFB operating procedures and the GLF budget. GLFB is comprised of one active member from each social Greek chapter and is chaired by the Graduate Assistant for Greek Life.