What is it?
Designed for first year students, the Learning Leadership program provides the basic skills needed by those who plan to hold various leadership positions. The group meets weekly to discuss introductory leadership topics such as managing conflict, assertiveness, presentation skills and much more.
The skills that the Learning Leadership program provides are transferable to any campus organization or degree plan.
How do I get started?
Any currently enrolled ASU student in good standing with fewer than 60 cumulative semester credit hours may apply to join the Learning Leadership Program. This experience is limited to 25 students each year.
Participants must make the following commitments to Learning Leadership:
● Successfully complete the application form
● Sign up for and attend one group interview
● Attend weekly sessions held Thursday evenings from 5–7 p.m. during the fall semester
● Attend the annual Launch leadership event
● Attend a retreat at the ASU lake house the weekend of Nov. 18–20