Staff/Faculty Student Scholarship
The Staff and Faculty Senates have established a Staff/Faculty Student Scholarship at Angelo State University.
$300 per academic year ($150 fall / $150 spring)
- Must have been employed at ASU for 12 continuous months, in a benefits-eligible position (as defined by HR), as of the start date of the academic semester in which the employee is applying for the scholarship.
- Must not have a delinquency in student loans or money owed for previous courses taken.
- Must be admitted at Angelo State University as a degree seeking student.
- Must have a current cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher on college coursework.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher.
How to apply for the scholarship for the 2014-2015 academic year*:
- Submit an academic letter of recommendation along with the applicant’s current ASU position and a statement of professional/career goals to the Office of Scholarship Programs. The Office of Scholarship Programs is located in the Hardeman Student Services Building in Room 215. Or fax the information to 325-942-2666.
The scholarship will not be continuous from year to year. Staff/Faculty will be required to submit a new application each academic year as outlined below.
Priority will be given completed applications including letter of recommendation requirements received by Aug. 1, 2014.
*For the 2015-2016 year and beyond, applicants will be required to submit the general ASU Scholarship Application along with a letter of recommendation, current ASU position and a statement of professional/career goals to the Office of Scholarship Programs. The University Scholarship Committee will select the scholarship recipient(s) during their regularly scheduled meeting. Priority will be given completed applications including letter of recommendation requirements at the time of the scheduled committee meeting.