RamPort Quick Start Guide
What is RamPort?
RamPort is ASU’s web portal, providing a single point of entry to web-based services and timely information tailored specifically for and by you.
To gain access and to personalize your experience in RamPort, login to RamPort using your ASU Technology Access Account with your ASU Network Password.
You can access different areas by selecting the tabs near the top of the screen. The tabs contain multiple channels maintained by different departments on campus.
Many additional channels are available to provide information targeted to your own interests. To add a channel, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Content Layout link located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on the tab that you want to contain the channel.
- Click the New Channel button at the location where you want to place the channel.
- Select the Channel Category, then click Go.
- Select the channel.
- Click the Add Channel button.
- Click the Back to [tab name] link in the upper left corner. Note: the tab name is the one that was visible before you entered the Content Layout view.
Moving Channels Within a Tab
You can rearrange the layout of channels in a tab to better suit your needs.
- Click on the Content Layout link in the upper left corner.
- Click the arrow buttons on the channel to move the channel up or down across columns.
- Click the Back to [tab name] link in the left corner to view results.
Removing a Channel
In either the Content Layout view or the regular view, click the red circle in the upper right corner of the channel to be removed. Please note that some channels cannot be moved.
Adding a Tab
- Click on the Content Layout link in the upper left corner and select the Add Tab button.
- Name the tab and choose either Traditional or Framed. A traditional tab allows you to add channels, while a framed tab allows you to add an external webpage.
- Select the position for the tab and click Submit.
- Click Back to [tab name] link in the left corner to view your results.
Removing a Tab
Note that you can only delete a tab that you added, not one of the preset tabs. Once a tab is removed, it will have to be reconstructed manually.
- Click the Content Layout link in the upper left corner.
- Select the tab to be removed, then hit Delete. If you do not see the option to Delete, then the tab is locked and cannot be deleted.
- Click Back to [tab name] in the left corner to view your results.