Skip Navigation
Angelo State University

Search Site

Information for:

RamPort Access FAQ

What is RamPort?

RamPort is ASU’s web portal that provides a single point of entry to web-based services and timely information tailored specifically for and by you. Inside you will discover an innovative online environment for Angelo State University students, faculty and staff. 

How do I logon to RamPort?

Students can get their Technology Access Account when they bring their activated ASU OneCard to any general access computer lab. Faculty and staff need to fill out the New Employee form. Your account name will be your first initial followed by your last name and possibly some digits for uniqueness. At the time the account is issued you will be given a card with your user name and password.

What is a Campus ID (CID) number?

Your Campus ID number is the assigned student number that identifies you in the student information system. This number is not your Social Security number. Sometimes this number is referred to as the “800” number because it begins with the number 8.

What if I forget my logon to RamPort?

If you forget your password for your network account or your email, visit any of the general use computer labs in person and present your valid ASU OneCard. We can also reset your password if you call the IT Support Center at 325-942-2911 and can supply your username and CID number. 

  • You can get help with RamPort access and expired passwords from the IT Service Center 24/7 at 1-866-942-2911.

How do I get an ASU email address?

ASU provides email accounts for all students. Students email accounts are created in conjunction with your RamPort account and are accessible through RamPort. Your official ASU email address is your

Am I required to use that email address?

Students are assigned an official ASU email address for their use while attending the university. This email address is the method that the university uses to contact you during your time at ASU. You are responsible for accessing the information that is sent to you at this address. For more information please refer to the Electronic Communication Policy.

How do I change my name?

To change your name you need to fill out the Student Information Correction Form. You will be required to supply documentation as proof of legal name change.

If I change my name at the Office of the Registrar, do my technology accounts change also?

No. If you have legally changed your last name or you discover that your name was misspelled in your technology access account user name you can update and correct your username. You can open a helpdesk request to make the change. This will affect several accounts so you need to be sure that this is right for you.

Still need help?

Contact the IT Support Center at 325-942-2911.