Frequently Asked Questions
What is the ASU OneCard?
The ASU OneCard is the official identification card for all students at Angelo State University.
How do I get my ASU OneCard?
You may request an ASU OneCard in one of the following ways:
- In person – Come to the OneCard Office in the General Services Building. Business hours are 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday. You will need to bring another government-issued photo ID with you. Approved forms of ID are listed below.
- Via Email – Send an email to email@example.com the following information in the body of the email:
- Your name
- Campus ID (CID) number
- Mailing address
- Working cell phone number
You also need to attach 2 photos in the email:
- A passport photo of yourself (Photo Requirements)
- A copy of another valid, government-issued photo ID. Approved forms of ID are listed below.
You may scan the copy of your government-issued photo ID and attach it to the email or take a picture of it using your phone camera and attach it to the email as a photo.
Valid forms of ID include:
- State driver’s license (including state-issued temporary or provisional licenses with photos)
- State-issued identification card
- Military-issued identification card
- Valid U.S. or foreign-issued passport (showing country of origin)
Why do I need an ASU OneCard?
The ASU OneCard serves these purposes on campus:
- Official student identification card
- Access to your meal plan, RamPoints and RamBucks
- Door access at residence halls and some classrooms and computer labs
- Library card
- Access to recreational facilities
- Access to athletic events
- Financial aid disbursement
What is the difference in all of the accounts?
Several accounts are associated with the ASU OneCard. Use the chart below to identify each related account.
Types of Accounts Meal Plan RamPoints RamBucks BankMobile Off-Campus Use X On-Campus Use X X X X Cafeteria X X X X UC Snack Bar X X X X Player’s Grill X X X X Roscoe’s Bistro (UC) X X X X Starbucks (UC) X X X X Photocopiers X Printing after print allotment is depleted X Library fines X Clinic costs X ASU Bookstore X X
Please contact the ASU OneCard Office at 325-942-2331 if you have any questions about the information seen here or if you have questions regarding the ASU OneCard.
How do I report a lost or stolen OneCard?
You have several options to report a lost or stolen card:
- Log in to your account at asuone.com and follow the directions.
- Visit the OneCard Office in the General Services Building. Business hours are 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday.
- Call BankMobile Customer Service at 1-877-278-1919
Who do I contact for more information about the ASU OneCard?
All questions should be directed to the West Office Annex.
Office Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday
U.S. Mail: ASU Station #11036, San Angelo, TX 76909-1036
How much does it cost to replace a lost or stolen card?
Your first ASU OneCard is provided at no charge. There is no charge to replace a lost or stolen card.
What should I do if my ASU OneCard is wearing out/faded/broken?
Cards that wear out or do not work due to manufacturing defects and regular wear may be replaced at no charge. Bring the problem card to the OneCard Office and we will take care of getting the card replaced.
How do I use my ASU OneCard on the web or over the phone?
Make sure that your available balance, minus any pending withdrawals (such as checks you have written that have not cleared), is more than the purchase you are planning to make. We strongly suggest that you keep permanent records of your transactions when you make them.
When asked for a payment type, choose MasterCard. For your card number, enter the 16-digit number on the face of the card that begins with a 5. Usually the website will ask for the expiration date, which is embossed on the card just above your name. On some occasions, you may be prompted to enter the Security Code, also known as the CVV2 Code. The Security Code is printed on the back of your card. It is the last three digits that appear after the four-digit number in the signature panel. The signature panel is the white panel with MasterCard printed on it many times.
What are my refund options?
When you activate your ASU OneCard, you will be required to select a refund option.
Your refund options include:
- Direct deposit to your BankMobile Vibe Account. This is the quickest and easiest way to receive your money.
- Electronic funds transfer to a current checking or savings account. To have your money transferred, you will need to complete an Automated Clearing House (ACH) form at the time you make your choice.
For more information about the refund choices available to you, log in to your account at asuone.comor contact the OneCard Office at 325-942-2331.
To change your refund preference:
- Log in to your BankMobile Vibe Account at asuone.com.
- Select Refunds.
- Choose Refund Preferences.
- Read your options and make your choice.
- Complete any required information.
What does my refund status mean?
Refund Status University Refund Description What It Means Refund Record Received—Funds Transfer from University In Process BankMobile is awaiting receipt of funds from ASU. Funds are usually received within one business day. Refund Record Received from University—In Process BankMobile has received the records from ASU to process your refund. BankMobile Vibe Account Deposit Your Refund has been deposited to your BankMobile Vibe Account based on your refund preference. Automated Clearing House (ACH)/Transfer to Outside Bank Account Pending at BankMobile BankMobile is ready to transfer funds to the outside bank account you have selected. This process can take one to three business days. ACH/Transfer to Outside Bank Account Sent to Other Bank BankMobile has transferred funds to the outside bank account you have selected. This process can take two to three business days. Check Writing Pending BankMobile has received the funds from ASU and is ready to write your check. This process can take one business day. Check Mailed BankMobile has mailed your refund check to your primary address. This process can take seven to 10 business days. Refund Records Received - Error Rejected This is a rare occurrence, and you can trust that BankMobile is aware there is a problem and is working on a resolution. Refund Record Received - Error This is a rare occurrence, and you can trust that BankMobile is aware there is a problem and is working on a resolution. Awaiting ACH/
BankMobile is waiting for the cardholder to submit his or her completed ACH/Transfer Form. To print this form, log in to your account at asuone.com and from the main menu bar select Financial Refunds, then select the Complete New ACH Form link.
What are Rambucks?
RamBucks is a stored-value account that is available to all ASU students, faculty and staff. RamBucks may only be used on campus.
Where can I use RamBucks?
RamBucks can be used at the following locations on campus:
- University Center
- Snack Bar
- Player’s Grill
- Selected beverage vending machines
- Selected photocopiers
- Printing in the MCS computer lab after the print allotment is depleted
- Library (for paying fines)
- University Health Clinic
- ASU Bookstore
How do I make a deposit to my RamBucks account?
Several options exist for depositing money into your RamBucks account:
- In person at the OneCard Office in the General Services Building. Our office is open 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday and we accept cash, checks, money orders, VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
- Via Campus AutoLoad.
- Via fax using a VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Complete the deposit form and then fax it to 325-942-2240.
- Using cash at one of the Cash to Card Stations on campus.
- Via U.S. Mail by completing the deposit form and mailing it to the OneCard Office. Our mailing address is on our Contact Us page.
Can I withdraw cash from my RamBucks account?
You may not withdraw cash from your RamBucks account. Balances of $25 or more will be refundable when you are no longer a student/faculty/staff member. Balances of less than $25 will be forfeited.
What happens if I do not use all of the RamBucks in my account?
Any money left in a RamBucks account at the end of the semester carries over to the next semester.
Requests for refunds during the semester cannot be honored unless you are withdrawing from ASU. Balances of $25 or more will be refundable when you are no longer a student/faculty/staff member. Balances of less than $25 will be forfeited.
Requests for refunds should be addressed to the ASU OneCard Office, ASU Station #11036, San Angelo, TX 76909-1036.
Can I add RamBucks at the time I register for classes and pay for them on my student billing account?
Not at this time. You may add money to your account in the OneCard Office, at one of the Cash to Card Stations or via the Campus AutoLoad feature of your BankMobile Vibe Account.
Where can I find a statement showing my RamBucks use?
We do not send out activity statements. You may log in to myonecard and check the balance of your account and your transactions history.
You can access a real-time statement of your BankMobile Vibe Account by logging in to your account at asuone.com.
BankMobile Vibe Account
What is an ASU BankMobile Vibe Account?
The ASU BankMobile Vibe Account is a no minimum balance, no monthly fee, FDIC-insured checking account. This account is available to all ASU students, faculty and staff.
How do I open an BankMobile Vibe Account?
This option is available to you at the time you activate your ASU OneCard. If you did not choose to open an BankMobile Vibe Account when you activated your card, you can do so by logging in to asuone.com and following the instructions.
What are the benefits of an ASU BankMobile Vibe Account?
A few of the benefits include:
- Every ASU student is pre-approved.
- No minimum balance is required and there are no monthly fees.
- It provides your fastest access to refund money.
- Purchases can be made everywhere that MasterCard is accepted.
- Online banking is available.
For more information on the ASU BankMobile Vibe Account, visit asuone.com.
What are some common problems with the BankMobile Vibe Account?
The issues that have been reported are all avoidable. Listed below are some of the problems and ways to avoid them.
Avoidable Problems Problem How to Avoid the Problem Overdraft fees Keep track of your money. Make sure that you have the funds available before making a purchase. One of the best ways to avoid this problem is to use a transaction register. Write in all of your deposits and all of your purchases. PIN-based transaction fees Select “Credit” when making a purchase. If the reader asks for your PIN after you swipe your card, you should be able to press the “Cancel” button to exit that screen. You should then be able to select “Credit.” You can also let the clerk know that you would like to pay using “Credit.” Abandoned Account Fee Your BankMobile Vibe Account is NOT a savings account, so do not deposit money and let it sit there. If you do not intend to use the money in your BankMobile Vibe Account, you should withdraw the money at the ATMs, wire the money to another account or have a check mailed to yourself. If you need help with any of these options, visit the OneCard Office.
Where can I use my ASU OneCard?
You can use your ASU OneCard and BankMobile Vibe Account anywhere Debit MasterCard is accepted—more than 31 million locations worldwide.
What fees are associated with my OneCard and my BankMobile Vibe Account?
Your BankMobile Vibe Account is a free checking account. You do not have to pay anything to have the account and there is no minimum balance required. The account is insured by the FDIC. So, if you open an BankMobile Vibe Account and select “Credit” when you use your card to make purchases and never spend more than you have in your account, you should not incur any fees.
BankMobile makes various services available to you, and some of these services have a fee. Some of the services and fees are listed below. If you would like to see a full listing of services and fees, log in to your account and click the “Fee Schedule” listed in the “Quick Links” box.
Service Fee Services Available First insufficient funds charge $0 Subsequent insufficient funds charges within the next 12 months $0 Cash advance fee 3% ($5 minimum) PIN-based transaction $0.50 each Non-BankMobile One ATM transaction fee
(includes all withdrawals, inquiries and declines)
$2.50 Outgoing wire transfer (domestic) $25
How do I add money to my BankMobile Vibe Account?
Bring a check or money order along with a deposit slip to the OneCard Office. Deposit slips can be found under BankMobile Vibe Account – Deposit – Deposit Checks by Mail when you log in to your account at asuone.com. Transfer money from another bank account to your BankMobile Vibe Account.
Why is my available balance different from my current balance?
Your available balance equals your current balance plus or minus any holds or pending transactions. For example, there are usually a few days between the time a merchant receives authorization to withdraw funds and when they actually do. During this time, funds to cover the anticipated amount of the transaction are held. Another example is for paper check deposits. It takes time from the date the check is deposited for the bank from which the check is drawn to release the funds. During this time, all of the deposit may not be available to spend.
How do I reset my log-in name and password to my BankMobile Vibe Account?
If you cannot remember either your log-in name (email address) or your password, contact BankMobile Customer Service at 1-877-278-1919.
If you remember your log-in name but not your password, you can reset your password at asuone.com or you can contact BankMobile Customer Service at 1-877-278-1919.
Why is there a fee for using my PIN when I make a purchase?
Each time merchants accept cards for payment, they pay a small part of the purchase price to the bank that issued the card to cover the bank’s costs. If you use a PIN for a transaction, the merchant pays less for the transaction than they would if you sign for the transaction. So, to save yourself money, always swipe and sign when making a purchase.
How do I use my ASU OneCard at a store with a PIN pad?
Give the card to the cashier to swipe or swipe the card yourself when directed. Often, you will be expected to select a type of payment by pressing a button on the PIN pad. Choose “Credit.” This means you will be signing for the transaction rather than entering a PIN. If you are asked to enter a PIN, you should be able to cancel out of the transaction and choose “Credit” instead. Next, you will be asked to sign for the transaction.
Remember, as long as you are not using a PIN, you will not be charged for the transaction. Make sure your available balance minus any pending withdrawals is more than the purchase you are making.
What is a pending card transaction?
When you use your card at a merchant, the business usually asks the bank if there is enough money available to cover the purchase. If the transaction is approved, a pending debit will be placed on your BankMobile Vibe Account for the amount of the purchase. This pending card transaction does not yet contain details on the name or location of the merchant. When the merchant processes or completes the transaction, the amount of the purchase is debited from your BankMobile Vibe Account.
How can my BankMobile Vibe Account be overdrawn?
In general, your BankMobile Vibe Account is designed to reduce the chances of an overdraft, but it is possible in some cases to overdraw your account. For questions or inquiries about your BankMobile Vibe Account and any transactions, contact a customer service representative at 1-877-278-1919.
Why aren’t my deposits available immediately?
Deposits to your BankMobile Vibe Account are available as soon as BankMobile collects the money and in some cases, sooner. For each type of deposit, the speed at which the money can be collected is different. For incoming wires and direct deposits of payroll or university refunds, the money is available immediately. However, if you deposit a paper check to your account, the full amount will not be available until the funds are released by the bank from which the check is written.
As a courtesy, the first $100 of your check-based deposits will be available the next business day – this is money that is being made available to you before the other bank has released the funds. For more details on the exact schedule, see the Funds Availability Policy at asuone.com.
What should I do if I see purchases on my account that I did not make?
If you see a purchase on your account that you did not make, you need to contact BankMobile Customer Service at 1-877-278-1919. Before you contact them, make sure that the name of the merchant appears on your statement. A pending card transaction does not contain the information needed to open a dispute.
Cardholders Can Dispute Charges Online at asuone.comHow can a cardholder dispute a BankMobile Vibe Account transaction?
- Locate the transaction in the BankMobile Vibe Account statement online.
- If it is less than 90 days old and has already posted on the account, click on the “plus sign” to the left of the transaction to expand the selection.
- Click on the link to begin the dispute process.
- From here, follow the step-by-step instructions to file the dispute.
- Once the dispute has been filed, account holders can check on the status from the “Customer Service” tab by clicking “Service Request” and then “Transaction Disputes.”
How do I close my BankMobile Vibe Account?
Even when you are no longer enrolled at ASU, you can continue to use your BankMobile Vibe Account. Your OneCard will remain active through the expiration date printed on the front of the card. If you do not want to continue to use your BankMobile Vibe Account, you can close it by calling BankMobile Customer Service at 1-877-278-1919.
How do I get money at an ATM with my ASU OneCard?
Insert or swipe the card as indicated and follow the directions on the screen. When prompted for a transaction type, choose Checking Account Withdrawal. Remember, use of all BankMobile Vibe Account ATMs is free. If you use another ATM, you will be subject to a BankMobile fee and may also be subject to a fee by the ATM owner.
Why are there daily limits on the amount of money I can withdraw at an ATM?
To protect against fraud, the amount of money that can be spent on a daily basis is limited. Currently, you can spend $2,500 via signature-based card transactions and $500 via PIN-based withdrawals. On some occasions, if parts of the technology systems are down, the daily limits may be lower. If you need to make a special purchase with your card that exceeds the daily limit, contact a customer service representative at 1-877-278-1919.
Why is there a fee for some ATM withdrawals?
Banks charge fees each time they allow another bank’s customers to use their ATMs. These fees may vary in amounts. If possible, use BankMobile ATMs. You can even use BankMobile Vibe Account ATMs located on other campuses. For a listing of all BankMobile Vibe Account ATMs, log in to your BankMobile Vibe Account and search the Easy Help section.
Where are the free ATMs located?
With the OneCard, you have fee-free access to over 55,000 Allpoint® Network ATMs worldwide-plus Customers Bank ATMs.You can also use BankMobile Vibe Account ATMs located on other campuses. To find other locations, visit asuone.com and select Easy Help.
What are acceptable forms of identification?
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- State driver’s license (including state-issued temporary or provisional licenses with photos)
- State-issued identification card
- Military-issued identification card
- Valid U.S. or foreign-issued passport (showing country of origin)
- Permanent Resident Alien Card
- Non-immigrant Visa (F-1, F-2, F-3 Visas)
- Certificate of U.S. Naturalization
- Mexican Consular Card
All forms of identification must be valid (not expired). Only one form of identification needs to be presented to verify a person’s identity.
What forms of identification are not acceptable?
A Social Security card, birth certificate, bank card (even if it has a photo), university identification card, utility bill or voter registration card are not acceptable to verify identity for Customer Identification Program (CIP) purposes. Any identification document that is expired is unacceptable.
If you do not have one of the acceptable forms of identification listed above, you may provide all of the following: your Social Security card, your birth certificate, a current utility bill with your name and address, and your signature.
What if my identification document expires tomorrow (or next month)?
The identification document must be valid as of the day you submit it. If it expires today (the day you are submitting it) or tomorrow, it is still valid. If it expired yesterday, it is not valid for ID verification purposes.
What will happen if I do not submit my information for verification?
If you do not submit the required information, a hold will be placed on your BankMobile Vibe Account. If you have a hold on your account, you will not be able to access any funds in your account. This process complies with federal guidelines under the USA Patriot Act for unverified accounts.
If a hold is placed on your account, you will receive an email stating that a hold has been placed because BankMobile has been unable to verify your identity. This message will also ask you to log in to view your account online. When you log in, you will be directed to a page prompting you to re-enter some of the data you provided to BankMobile during initial card activation. You will not be able to access all features of the website until this information is submitted. Once you provide BankMobile with updated data, you will be able to enter the website.
- Within 24 hours after you submit updated information, BankMobile will use this information to verify your identity. If BankMobile is able to verify your information, the hold will be removed and no further requests for information from BankMobile will be sent.
- If BankMobile is not able to verify the information or if you do not enter updated information, then the hold will remain on your account until BankMobile receives a copy of a valid government-issued ID from you. In this scenario, a notice will appear on the website asking for a copy of your valid government-issued ID. Once you acknowledge the notice and promise online to send BankMobile a copy of a government-issued ID, you will be able to view account information on the website. However, the hold will remain on your account for access to funds until BankMobile receives a copy of your valid government-issued ID. You will also be contacted via email and/or phone requesting this information.
- If you do not verify your information for 30 days or longer, you will not be able to acknowledge the notice and have access to the website. You will not be able to access the website until BankMobile receives information sufficient to verify your identity. If you are in this situation, you will only be able to view a notice directing you to send BankMobile a copy of a government-issued ID to verify your identity.
If an account holder remains unverified 20 days after opening and funding a BankMobile Vibe Account, he or she will have a hold placed on the account in compliance with the banking regulations. After opening an account online, each unverified account holder may be contacted via email, telephone and the website, and asked for verification information in a process similar to the one described above. A Patriot Act hold will not be placed on accounts until the account has been unverified for 20 days.