Career Development Office Policies
Current ASU students and ASU alumni may schedule an appointment with a Career Development staff member. Appointments for prospective students can be scheduled with the director’s approval.
Students and alumni can make up to 10 copies using the office copy machine. They may also use the office fax machine to send application materials to companies that have working relationships with ASU Career Development.
Policies During On-Campus Recruitment Sessions
- ASU students and alumni may participate in on-campus recruitment efforts.
- To participate in on-campus recruitment, you must have completed a career profile with Career Development.
- If you sign up to interview with a company, you will have until 24 hours prior to the scheduled interview to withdraw from the process.
- If you do not show up for your scheduled interview, you will be called by a Career Development staff member at the number provided in your career profile before 6 p.m. the day the interview was missed to remind you that:
- Individuals who do not show up for a scheduled interview will write a letter of apology to the representative of the company within 48 hours of their original interview time. A copy of the letter will be provided to Career Development.
- Students and alumni who do not show up for an interview and who fail to write a letter of apology and provide a copy of the letter to Career Development within the designated time frame will be removed from all future interviewing schedules. Their career profiles will also be made inactive until this process is completed.
- By signing up for an interview with a company, students and alumni certify they meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the on-campus recruitment forms the employer completes for Career Development.
If our staff determines during the intake interview or at any time during the counseling process that your needs are beyond the scope or capability of Career Development, you will be referred to an outside individual or agency that offers more appropriate services. You will be responsible for the cost of services received from such individuals or agencies.
Students interested in testing must first meet with a career counselor. The counselor will determine the need for assessment and whether it is appropriate for career counseling.
Testing For Outside Companies or Agencies
The Career Development staff will not administer testing on behalf of companies or other universities. Testing needs should be referred to the ASU Division of Extended Studies.